Mouse: Laser or Optical(cordless)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
Hey guys.

I've been using this basic Logitech Optical Mouse for an eternity. It's starting to age and the pointer goes haywire every now and then(only at the 'smooth' parts of my table). I've tried another mouse(bad scroll wheel) and it works perfectly on my desk. So, it's the mouse, indeed.

So, my question is, should I get a new laser mouse? My budget is around 1k, but I can extend it to 1.5k. I think the iBall Laser Precise mouse is around 600-700, isn't it? Any other laser mice under 1.5k?(preferably cordless. I know I'm stretching it a bit too much!).

Which is the cheapest cordless laser mouse anyways? If not cordless, can you suggest good wired laser mice?

kumarmohit

Technomancer
If you are in gaming or grafics work like photoshop you shud go for the precision of a laser mouse, cordless or corded shud be a secondary consideration.

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
Zebronics RF cordless mouse 1000
ONLY Rs.650 :D Really!!
But u r Gamer or Graphic deginer go for logitech corded one

OP
mail2and

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
Actually, I wanted to go in for laser as I wanted to avoid the issues that I'm currently facing with my optical mouse. BTW, how good are zebronics mice?

I'm not a gamer or a designer.

aquamatrix

Journeyman
wh dont you try the genius ergo 525 , it'll come about to 1.5k.

if going for sub 1k mouse iball laser precise will be the best. i am using it and its a gem of a mouse :)

rohanbee

Padawan
Ive been using optical mouses for a long time now!!...
microsoft, logitech, dell...............some wireless one's too........without any major hassle or problems............
Also, use them easily in photoshop and gaming.........
Only problem with the wireless is the battery..........which needs to be recharged after a while...
Considering buying one with inbuilt rechargable batteries and base now...

royal

Padawan
Guys, I have been using a HP optical mouse in my office...
While playing QuakeIII, I noticed that if I try to move too fast (near any obstacle) then the mouse does not function properly :(

But the Logitech ball mouse at my home works well enough :cool:

So I was just wondering...are ball mice better than optical ones for gaming ? :confused:

However I must admit that I have never used a laser mouse ...

Kniwor

Learner
i have been using the logitech optical mouse forever, though i change my mouse every 6-8 months, i purchase the same old Rs. 350/- logitech optical mouse, i am not comfortable with other mouse, i got a microsoft mouse last time i had to change mouse, and it's lying around unused, i had to get the logitech one next week.
I game all the time, day/night, and i have never had problem in playing any game, i have never used a laser mouse so my experience might be relative, but optical mouse precision depends a lot on the surface, and ideal surface would be black or any plain color, and not shiny at all, but smooth is good. any shiny surface causes problems, and surface with many colors also causes problems though i dont see a reason. and people tend to blame optical mouse.
So my advice is, if u're going to spen 1k on mouse, again get a logitech one with a similar feel and weight, too light or too heavly will cause u problems.

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
Kniwor said:
i have been using the logitech optical mouse forever, though i change my mouse every 6-8 months, i purchase the same old Rs. 350/- logitech optical mouse, i am not comfortable with other mouse, i got a microsoft mouse last time i had to change mouse, and it's lying around unused, i had to get the logitech one next week.
?I game all the time, day/night, and i have never had problem in playing any game, i have never used a laser mouse so my experience might be relative, but optical mouse precision depends a lot on the surface, and ideal surface would be black or any plain color, and not shiny at all, but smooth is good. any shiny surface causes problems, and surface with many colors also causes problems though i dont see a reason. and people tend to blame optical mouse.
?So my advice is, if u're going to spen 1k on mouse, again get a logitech one with a similar feel and weight, too light or too heavly will cause u problems.
Same thoughts here.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
As Kniwor said, I also feel most comfortable with Logitech and personally I have used this brand only from the very beginning. I have used many other brands in my office. But I wonder why it should be changed every 6-8 months. My present Logitech optical is 4 years old. May be because I don't game.

Kniwor

Learner
janitha said:
As Kniwor said, I also feel most comfortable with Logitech and personally I have used this brand only from the very beginning. I have used many other brands in my office. But I wonder why it should be changed every 6-8 months. My present Logitech optical is 4 years old. May be because I don't game.

you answered it urself, i dont know if this is just my problem, i am an excessive gamer, and after say 6-8 months, i feel the mouse is getting less responsive, maybe it's the wire, or some precision part inside is moved , whatever it is, i use a cheap mouse so replacing is no problem. i have the money and i can go today and grab a Rs. 1500/- gaming mouse, but i know I'll regret it.

montylee

Journeyman
Genius Ergo 525 is the best bang for buck especially when paired with Stellpad QCK gaming mouse pad.

If u can afford to spend nearly 2K then go for Genius otherwise go for iBall Laser.

forever

filth is me
guys , i have an ms optical mouse , can some1 suggest me what surface or pads i shuld use for it, some guys advised gaming pads are always the best , can some1 tell something about these gaming pads and their costs,wuld appreciate it , ty :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom