Motorola Unveils Bendy Phone, the Rizr Z8!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
rahul_becks23 said:
@mail2and
@ankurgupta.me
@pathiks
@Ganeshkumar

hey mf*kers ............... heres how my phone (L7) looks ..............

*suprfile.com/src/2/5x2lp55/aero.jpg
(except everything is in english)

now , i dont think its bad for phone thats less than 10k , is it ? FU

It's easy sitting behind monitors abusing someone. It's a shame that you can't even take the screenshot of the UI your phone. Tsk Tsk.

By UI, I do not mean the themes. By UI, I mean the menu system, the contacts management system etc. Go to anyone with a rational mind, and show him a Motorola fone. You'll get your answer.

Here is my phone, bought inside of 11k.

*img185.imageshack.us/img185/6996/screenshot0002pm4.jpg

*img475.imageshack.us/img475/9439/screenshot0006oq6.jpg

*img475.imageshack.us/img475/9630/screenshot0004uv0.jpg

*img166.imageshack.us/img166/1692/screenshot0005ms3.jpg

well , thats shi* for 11k .......................... my phone is only 8K and its a lot better than urs.............. and I MEAN IT .

And thats cuz i have an L7 , a W550i , a 6670 n a 6681 at home , i have seen it all................. but nothing beats my L7 still at that price range

............ AND THATS CONFIRMED BY DIGIT ITSELF............see the last phones review and u'll know what am talkin about buddy............

and u told that i have only shown the theme and not the UI .......... HOW IN THE HELL can one show the UI ........... a UI can only be known by working on it................and what the hell r u doing ............. u r urself showing ur theme........... LMAO , i got nothing to say .

i havent seen a dumber shi* post than that ...............and i know that u will start writing more dumb things in the next post ......... so , keep writing ...............and Peace .

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
rahul_becks23 said:
well , thats shi* for 11k .......................... my phone is only 8K and its a lot better than urs.............. and I MEAN IT .

And thats cuz i have an L7 , a W550i , a 6670 n a 6681 at home , i have seen it all................. but nothing beats my L7 still at that price range

............ AND THATS CONFIRMED BY DIGIT ITSELF............see the last phones review and u'll know what am talkin about buddy............

and u told that i have only shown the theme and not the UI .......... HOW IN THE HELL can one show the UI ........... a UI can only be known by working on it................and what the hell r u doing ............. u r urself showing ur theme........... LMAO , i got nothing to say .

i havent seen a dumber shi* post than that ...............and i know that u will start writing more dumb things in the next post ......... so , keep writing ...............and Peace .

:D True to eminem style

L7 does have a bad UI, both in theme & functionality. I would advice you to use the UI of Sony Ericsson phones & Symbian Phones once. Symbian Phones are complex.....to many clicks to open something & tooo many icons on desktop, SE is better in my prespective.

Hey andy, what the....I use MacOS X theme on my black K750i & U use Vista theme on your white E50:D when did this change of OS taste happened.

& by the way, can u plz tell weather it suppots keypad shortcuts, like to open Messege Application I can simply tilt the joystick up->keypad 5>keypad 1>1, how is it like in E50, i have used N70 only which is closest to that E50 UI i find

well , i think this motorola UI thing will never go of this country's people.
ok , its done n all........... and yeah , Shady style............
Peace .

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
rahul_becks23 said:

Your writing style confirms how much you know about UIs and cell phones. :) I was not showing off my theme. Rather I was showing the menu, the application manager, the office suite and the desktop standy applications. Who said I was showing off the theme?

I haven't seen any one except you who says Motorola has a better UI than Symbian 3rd edition!

As for my phone, it has Symbian 3rd edition, EDGE, 240x320 resolution, 235 mhz processor, very good speaker in 11k.
Peace .

Yes, that is because this country's people are rational. It's evident in itself that Motorola only sells in the US.

I used that theme when i got the phone, as I liked it.Now I use another theme by the same guy who made the vista theme.

Well, 3rd edition phones have standby apps on top. So, I guess there is no need for shortcuts. I message quite a bit, and haven't set a shortcut, yet.

Last edited:
mail2and said:
Your writing style confirms how much you know about UIs and cell phones. :) I was not showing off my theme. Rather I was showed the menu, the application manager, the office suite and the desktop standy applications. Who said I was showing off the theme?

OK , then what was i doing.........??? showing off my as* ........... :)

mail2and said:
I haven't seen any one except you who says Motorola has a better UI than Symbian 3rd edition!

When did i f*ckin SAY THAT ???

mail2and said:
Yes, that is because this country's people are rational. It's evident in itself that Motorola only sells in the US.

US and rest of the world ........... except some developing nations :)

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
Dunno much about the L7. But this is what a Google search got of the UI...
Not my sayins... I didn't use the phone.
*www.mobile-review.com/review/image/motorola/l7/pic17-1.jpg *www.mobile-review.com/review/image/motorola/l7/pic16.jpg *www.mobile-review.com/review/image/motorola/l7/pic16-1.jpg *www.mobile-review.com/review/image/motorola/l7/pic30-3.jpg *www.mobile-review.com/review/image/motorola/l7/pic30-2.jpg *www.mobile-review.com/review/image/motorola/l7/pic29-3.jpg *www.mobile-review.com/review/image/motorola/l7/pic29-1.jpg *www.mobile-review.com/review/image/motorola/l7/pic29.jpg *www.mobile-review.com/review/image/motorola/l7/pic29-2.jpg *www.mobile-review.com/review/image/motorola/l7/pic30.jpg

Source: *www.mobile-review.com/review/motorola-l7-en.shtml

The L7 uses the previous version of the Motorola user interface (the new version supports AA fonts for example and an updated MiB web browser among other things), but existing RAZR users will probably feel at home with it. The Motorola fonts and icons are pretty ugly, and the interface has a lot of reduntant or badly placed options, but overall it's functional and yes, it is fast. The Contacts application for example is very nice when you are trying to find a contact, but when you are creating a new contact it feels irky. Having to change from iTap to Tap text input manually for each and every application on the phone is a major hassle too, while the GPRS connection screen is a real mess. Needless to say, I am not a fan of the Motorola UI.
I wish the bad things ended here, but unfortunately they continue: the web browser in that phone is the worst piece of software I have ever experienced. MiB 2.2.1 is just buggy and runs out of memory even if you feed it a 10 KB page (including images). It works ok as a WML browser, but it's completely hopeless as a basic HTML browser (most of the competitive phones use better browsers). This is why I decided to install Opera Mini on the L7, only to find out that Java is running slower than on other handsets! Opera Mini takes forever to boot up for example and I can see lag when I open its menus. Bluetooth and GPRS were equally under-performing. I never got more than 20 KB/sec with Bluetooth (which is rather low), while I never got more than 1 KB/sec with GPRS (it's supposed to max out at around 3-4 KB/sec)! Finally, Motorola's Bluetooth stack is locked in a way that only accepts file exchange with a few filetypes only. This proved extremely annoying and given the fact that this package comes without a USB cable or a microSD card, it became even more annoying early in my testing.
Usability, UI and fonts are so '90s
Terribly bad web browser

Source: *www.osnews.com/story.php/16825/Cellphones-on-a-Budget-Reviews-of-the-SLVR-L7-and-LG-U8500/page2/

UI: not one of easiest phone menu systems to get around on.
Another one of those UI offerings from Motorola – need I say more?!
We all know (and strongly believe) that they should go back to the drawing board and come up with something better than what they’re still trying to flog us with. Comparing their phone systems with the likes of what Nokia or Sony Ericsson, or even Samsung or LG, uses on their product is really, in my opinion, no comparison.
Source: *www.mobique.com/motorola/l7/page6.php

All in all, Motorola UI gives the impression of being the least user-friendly of all user interfaces I have worked with so far. On top of that Motorola L7 reacts with significant delays, which back-pedals overall work.

Source: *www.gsmarena.com/motorola_slvr_l7-review-74p2.php

Last edited:

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
rahul_becks23 said:
US and rest of the world ........... except some developing nations :)

Rest of the world? Lol. Go check out Motorola's sales figures. They just sell in the US. In Europe, they are a distant third or fourth. In Japan, you won't even get Motorola.

When did i f*ckin SAY THAT ???

Originally Posted by rahul_becks23

Ahem..

Source: *www.mobile-review.com/review/motorola-l7-en.shtml

That's what I meant. Not considering the theme, the OS is very cumbersome to use. My friend had a E398, and he said there was just too many quirks. Hopefully, the new Motorola OS based on Linux and Symbian will be better, but knowing Motorola, I don't expect too much.

Last edited:
well, thats the classic cool default skin of motorola (its sweet) ............... like windows 98...................... and mine is a heavily modded n hacked one ........ and it looks like vista and yet not as troublesome as vista ............. its cool like the word coooooool ........ lol

Last edited:

Pathik

Google Bot
well just modding a sh1t ui and using some theme doesnt make it a better one... go use a symbian s60 b4 u post crap here again... there s a whole lot of diff btwn looking cool and being user friendly...

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I have used a Moto L7, my friend is using it from the last 2 months & other then the slimness he is fed of it. Takes too many clicks to do anything & the camera is also not that good. Rahul...moto UI at its default state sux right now, but they are learning something & changing it with the new phones...admit it, it's not the best yet, but it can be if done properly

OP
Kiran.dks

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Motorola is doing well in design of the body. Razr is the best example. Very sleek & sexy. Their all recent models are also good in design. They are not doing well in user interface. Too many clicks to do something and also confusing options hidden in unusual locations. They are realizing it and hopefully they will improve in this area too.

rajasekharan

Youngling
my first introduction to phone was motorola c300 or so . it was good it was a basic phone , i used for 2 years . but then sony came and since then i never touched another brands :). but my first motorola did what its meant to . i could call and message neatly :). dono about recent ones .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom