Moto Rokr E6 or Ming a1200 ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
Can any1 tell me how is the sound o/p in Moto rakr E6??
then wat is the difference between Ming a1200 and E6?? is it worth Rs. 2000??

and then...... touch screen without keypad willbe a problem>??

AND HOW IS THE BATTERY! I need a good battery ......

And any other proble or thingsto consider b4 buying thisss?:confused:

girish.g

respect mah authoritah!!
dont buy a rokr it is a faltu phone.
the only difference is the 3.5 mm jack in rokr e6 and flip in motoming a1200

OP
Ganeshkumar

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
u mean both r faulty phone or.....?

Wat is fault or problem in that??

Frnds i am waitinf for the reply!!!

nd also to know whether minga1200 can also be used as Webcam?

Last edited:
K

krazyfrog

afaik there aren't any problems in either phones. But still i'll suggest you go with these phones if you must need touch screen. Otherwise there are other better options like 5700 and W610i at this price.

abhi_10_20

Cool and Calm
true.....

girish.g said:
dont buy a rokr it is a faltu phone.

not at all.........
with ROKR's touch screen, i have beaten one of my friends who was fastest in messaging....messaging is just a breeze.... jus u need to get some practise.

and rokr can be used as a webcam.....really good quality. Dont know about ming.

dont forget ROKR's main feature of excellent quality music..... i plugged it on to my PC's Creative speakers.....was amazing.

OP
Ganeshkumar

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
Thankss

* If any1 say exact difference between those two it will be nice..!
*i saw ming talk time is less and will i get any memory card included with the phone.. if yes wat is the size??

I am going to Moto particularly this series becaus it is linux based, display size is 2.4" little larger and then Touch screen! and frm u guys got info that its music is also good!

K

krazyfrog

Only differences are that ROKR has 3.5mm slot, external music keys and comes with higher capacity memory card whereas ming lacks all the above but has a transparent flap.

OP
Ganeshkumar

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
Thanks Krazyfrog!!

I saw in sites that Ming has talk time of Only 4 hrs whereas E6 have 7hrs... So is that means battery too different??

And Also Pls tell me How is Z558i??

Pathik

Google Bot
^^ i wd say that the z558i is crap..
the screen is so small that it wdnt be good using the stylus
only a 1.3mp cam
no edge/3g
doesnt look too good either...

Katraleruyo

Right off the assembly line
I'd rather call MotoRokr E6 a PDA than a mobile phone. The look and feel of this Motorola product is very professional. Yes, of course MotoMing looks stylish, but it has a tomboy look to it, and E6 is very formal. I use an E6 as a PDA, and let me tell you, if you're familiar with touch screen devices, it'll be a breeze for you. After actually using both E6 and Ming, I can tell you for sure that the menus in E6 works faster than A1200. Plus, there is some voice mail bug in A1200 (which can be fixed after downloading a patch from the internet though).

The music library in A1200's Real Player is slower than the one in E6. Both the phones are equally stylish, but I'd suggest you go for the E6 if you can shell out those extra bucks.

OP
Ganeshkumar

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
^^^

Hi
How abt the battery??? I ned agood battery life!
Can i open and edit office applcations.. and pdf??

and wat r the applications u r using in that??

Also give me any good links for softwares related to this Linux series phoness!

Katraleruyo

Yeah. You can trust the phone for a good battery life. They say a full charged phone lasts long from 5.5 hours to 6.5 hours. I bought it yesterday, and I had just charged it once. Since then, I've been constantly listening to music on it and talking too, and the battery sticks have gone down only a little.

And when you insert the free 1GB MMC, you should ask the vendor to do some configuration that would be needed. Make sure the MMC is readable by the phone then and there.

I'm not sure about Editing Office formats or file in portable document format, but you sure can read those files. I've tried it, and it worked for me. There might be a glitch if you try running an Office 2007 file though. The firmware on the phone isn't really compatible with the recent version of Office.

There's this guide you can try out if you would like to mod the phone on your own.

Code:
*www.modmymoto.com/guides/e6/

Try out this site for all your E6 stuff.

Code:
*forum.motofan.ru

OP
Ganeshkumar

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
Katraleruyo said:
There's this guide you can try out if you would like to mod the phone on your own.

Code:
*www.modmymoto.com/guides/e6/

Try out this site for all your E6 stuff.

Code:
*forum.motofan.ru

10000000000000000 Thanks!:)

But the second site is not in English?!:confused:

R u frm India... Ur name seems to be different!

Katraleruyo

Ah yes dude, I am from India. Anyways, if you have trouble understanding the Russian forum, use Google Translation.

King Arthur

Broken In
This question bothered me so much so that i bought a N91 instead. Now i own a MING.
Anyways , here is a a very comprehensive comparison between the two phones ......

ROKR is a music phone while Ming is a office phone atleast that's what MOTO says ..

Now for the REAL PART
MUSIC :: As said b4 Rokr is a music phone and has just a little better sound than a1200...

CONSTRUCTION ::: Rokr is made of metal & definitely feels better than the plastic used in Ming although BOTH HAVE VERY GOOD CONSTRUCTION. Its just that i feel metal is better than plastic .
Also Ming has three different colours (only Black is available in India ) the black uses a better plastic than the other two .

The first Ming's launched had a very weak flip (the transparent plastic thingy ) which cracked easily . The flip was replaced
Ming feels & fits better in hand because of its smaller length .MING is thicker and difficult to put in ur very very tight jeans . ROKR is not that bad either its just a wee bit longer kind of like an unfolded RAZR.

CAMERA :::::: ROKR HAS A BETTER CAMERA THAN MING . I have compared the two phones many times and ROKR gives better images .

SCREEN :: both have the same screen and Ming's screen is more protected because of its flip although u have to use screen protector for both the phones .

MEMORY : ROKR uses SD while MING uses transflash .

HARDWARE ::: Both use the same processor and both have same internal memory ... Many people say that ROKR has more RAM than MING. Rest of the hardware is same .

Keys :: I personally don't like the keys of MING which uses a joystick for navigation . ROKR has a normal 5 way navigation button . Side bottons are more or less the same..

Others :: ROKR has a 3.5 mm jack while MING has a 2.5 mm..

TO sum it up its all upto u as to whose looks u like . I feel that Ming looks very cool but is also delicate . ROKR is a newer phone and i wud recommend it to anyone .

BTW , THIS WAS MY FIRST POST .

OP
Ganeshkumar

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
Thanks... King Arthur! That is wat i want!!!

apart frm default applications... is there any other g8 softwares for this phone??

King Arthur

Broken In
Ganeshkumar said:
apart frm default applications... is there any other g8 softwares for this phone??

Thanks ganesh , many people are apprehensive about buying phones other than Nokia , but for this price i can assure that it's the best phone available in the market .

By softwares if you mean word editing , no its not available but java apps are available .

However on you tube there are videos of people running Windows 95,3.1,WM vista 6 etc or Linux os like ubuntu , Open Moko etc.

*****The videos for a very good open source OS called "Open Moko" (refer wikipedia) and that for windows 95 are true however no one knows how to do it. So u can technically have many softwares . Also MOTO will be launching a plethora of softwares for there Linux phones in DEC 07 can't be sure abt it .

Hey , i almost forgot the battery on ROKR lasts longer than on MING. However u need to charge both of them after 2-4 days depending on usage .

Also note that all MOTO phones take a very long time to charge . Someone at Moto told me the reason ,but all i understood was that it makes the battery have a longer life .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom