1. Budget?
A. 13k

2. Display type and size?
A. 4.8" < 5 ". Max is 5" Not anymore.

3. Dual sim?
A. Fine with both single and dual sim.

4. Preferred choice of brand?
A. Only tier 1 brands like Samsung, Sony, Motorola, HTC

5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)?
A. Not the main requirment. But a camera that is good enough to take pictures for facebook.

6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc).
A. Android only. Fine with both Kitkat and lolipop.

7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready).
A. Currently will be using only 2g/wifi. Will upgrade to 3g/wifi in the coming months.

8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)?
A. Browsing, phone calls, mails, facebook, whatsapp, viber, camera, and other apps. Not a gamer by any means. May be would play games once in a while or so.

9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
A. Moto G and S3 Neo

10. Any other info that you want to share
A. On an average the phone will be used for calls, browsing and social networking like facebook and whatsapp. Need a good battery life that lasts for one working day.

I was absolutely decided on going ahead with the Moto G(2014). While i was making the purchase, i came across the Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo ad on Flipkart. It is now priced at 12.5k and has the same specs as Moto G with more RAM and a better screen. Read many positive reviews and now i am confused.

Some reviews say that S3 Neo has a better battery life, better camera, better network reception and call quality than Moto G. And also off the 11gb internal memory, the whole of it can be used for apps and media. While in the Moto G, there is a limit of 2gb for apps and rest for media.
These aspects have gotten me confused.

Based on my requirements, which one would be a better buy.

PS : I had Pm'd a couple of members already. Considering that i ll be buying the phone tonight, i am trying to reach out to more people for a more informed decision.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
+1 to Moto G (2014)

It can last 1 day easily and lollipop will improve battery life. All of the internal memory space is available for apps on it, don't know who misguided you :|

S3 neo has same 2100 mAh battery. Extra ram won't matter when crapwiz is there to hog it. Same crap design as they've been using for more than 2 years on all phones. S3 neo was launched at 26k and after mere 8 months its available at 50% of that. Maybe next month they'll reduce it further by another 2-3k. Ever degrading samdung :lol:

Last edited:

rdx_halo

In the zone
Moto g sar value is very high. Moto G 2gen is 1.52 W/kg.

Which is very high, Also as my friends experience with Moto G2 is not pleasant. If he uses phone more than 10Mins for call he face ear irritation & little pain in the ear.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Get a Moto G2, I have been using it for more than 2 months, it's a fairly decent phone. Surely better than the samsung phones in that price range.
Even if you get Neo what will you do, you surely will not get official lollipop. While G2 is already running 5.0.2

the.one

In the zone
Get a Moto G2, I have been using it for more than 2 months, it's a fairly decent phone. Surely better than the samsung phones in that price range.
Even if you get Neo what will you do, you surely will not get official lollipop. While G2 is already running 5.0.2

How's the network reception & call quality on the Moto g2. Heard at places that it's not as good, also some face problems while switching from wifi to 2g/3G.

eureka

Banned
If you have placed the order from Flipkart then you don't need to eagerly wait for the delivery :)

And congratulations.

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
I am having the same conundrum but I would for the S3 Neo, the reasons being the following.

1. The IPS LCD of the G2 cannot match the Super AMOLED display of the S3 Neo

2. Samsung generally makes better camera modules than anyone(expect maybe Sony) and the S3 Neo would be no different

$hadow

Geek in making
Well the purchase is done time to close the thread [MENTION=77264]Vyom[/MENTION] please close the thread

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Congrats Sparky19 for the purchase. In case of any other suggestion ask away in Moto G thread.

Closing time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom