Moto E - Give to Service Center for repair or to local shop?

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
*puu.sh/b5tb7/7badfd2465.jpg
*puu.sh/b5tdO/2adc2bf81a.jpg

so my moto E 's screen is shattered, just the glass is broken and everything else works fine. Now as warranty doesn't cover physical damages, I asked SC about how much it'll cost to repair? their reply - Rs2650 ;-;
asked my bro what to do, he went to a shop where he got canvas 2+ with the same problem fixed. The shopkeeper there quoted Rs1200.
Now the thing is what to do? because if I give to SC, phone costs 7k and repair will cost 2.5k. that doesn't make any sense literally. I wanna know what could go wrong if I give the phone to the local shopkeeper. Will he use Gorilla Glass 3? The same display with the same resolution and pixel density? Need help before Friday as the SC guys said that the screen will arrive on Friday.

PS
1. The fixed Canvas 2+ is working fine after a month
2. mere aur mere bhaiya ka jyada nai banta so much discussion on this on him isn't possible.
3. bro says glass is glass. Its the same with every glass :| :(

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Who handles servicing of moto phones? Lenovo service centre?
And maybe the local shopkeeper is user cheaper/local quality stuff hence its cheaper. Or maybe the SC guys are charging you a premium.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
if its the outer glass, get this one:

Front Glass Outer Replacement Repair Part FOR Motorola Moto E | eBay

- - - Updated - - -

if the inner lcd digitiser isn't affected, then its good news, else replacing that will cost 2k alone.

OP
adityak469

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
if its the outer glass, get this one:

Front Glass Outer Replacement Repair Part FOR Motorola Moto E | eBay

- - - Updated - - -

if the inner lcd digitiser isn't affected, then its good news, else replacing that will cost 2k alone.

OMG dude thanks for this. IDK what's LCD digitizer is, but lemme tell you that everything on the screen is working fine, the touch, the display and everything else. just the glass is broken. but how do I use the product you metioned?

- - - Updated - - -

Who handles servicing of moto phones? Lenovo service centre?
And maybe the local shopkeeper is user cheaper/local quality stuff hence its cheaper. Or maybe the SC guys are charging you a premium.

it was a shop which is also the SC for Lenevo and for HTC.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
^don't know. came across that as recently my cousin's white moto e got the cracked glass too. you might require a local repair shop guy to open your phone and then fit that properly on the phone.

What Is a Touch-Screen Digitizer? | eHow

OP
adityak469

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
^don't know. came across that as recently my cousin's white moto e got the cracked glass too. you might require a local repair shop guy to open your phone and then fit that properly on the phone.

What Is a Touch-Screen Digitizer? | eHow

oh then I just order this, go to a local shop and then get it changed? :D :D

and basically digitizer is the touch right? if yes then its working fine. I'm in fact online from my Moto E only :p

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Will he use Gorilla Glass 3?

i don't think that above front glass panels sold on ebay are gorila glass 3 ... these most likely are normal third party glasses

it wont effect your touch sensitivity or pixels or colors as your LCD and digitizer both are working fine but it will not be a gg 3 and hence will get scratches easily and will not be as strong as gg3..

so use a good screen protector and a case

Last edited:

SunE

Professional Newbie
Best option would be for you to just get that glass from eBay and use a good tempered glass screen protector on it.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
just ensure parts are original otherwise you will have random issues pop up so take a reliable one

tiblu

Broken In
[MENTION=271931]adityak469[/MENTION] is the screen fixed? I have the same problem, just the screen is cracked, phone works flawlessly.

OP
adityak469

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
[MENTION=271931]adityak469[/MENTION] is the screen fixed? I have the same problem, just the screen is cracked, phone works flawlessly.

nope. my display also broke and i have exams. will get it repaired after this month.

Top Bottom