Moto e 2nd gen 3G : Buy or Not

reddick

Mobile Freak
I want to buy this budget phone in single sim variant. It meet my requirements and currently selling on FlipKart for ₹7000 . I just want to make a final confirmation from your side that whether I should go for it or my findings were wrong? Also suggest me for genuine flip cover for the device ... Thanks for your valuable time :)

OP
reddick

reddick

Mobile Freak
Questionnaire :

1. Budget - From 6K to 10K
2. Display type and size - The best around 4.5"
3. Dual sim - No
4. Preferred choice of brand - Moto E 2nd Gen 3G
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera) - Better to have all features :p
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc) - Android
7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready) - 3G
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc) - Normally all these provided but casual only
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration - I'm confused on this
10. Any other info that you want to share - Any good flip cover for phone :neutral:

OP
reddick

reddick

Mobile Freak
I want to buy 3G , single sim Moto E (2nd Gen) variant. Is it available for 5.5K :?: As I have seen it for 7K at Flipkart :rolleyes:
Correct me if I'm wrong .

Last edited:
OP
reddick

reddick

Mobile Freak
I'm talking about this model :

*m.gsmarena.com/motorola_moto_e_(2nd_gen)-6986.php

Is it available in single sim option ... As Flipkart is showing it for ₹6999 which is a dual sim with 3G

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
No there is no single sim version in India. And I meant that snapdragon 200 + 1 GB ram + 8 GB rom + 540p screen + 5 MP camera was in last year's moto e too, which I don't think is worth more than 5.5k considering we have Yuphoria at 7k.

OP
reddick

reddick

Mobile Freak
Well I don't like Yuphoria , personally.
So I think 'Moto E 2nd Gen Dual Sim' will meet my expectations if camera flash and screen display may compromised :cool:
Now I'm looking for some discount coupons or offers so that I may get it a bit cheaper than 7K instead :twisted:

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=120757]Techguy[/MENTION]
Currently 4G is not operational in our area and has same spec. as of 3G model IMO
So what's the use of paying more :neutral:

OP
reddick

reddick

Mobile Freak
Hmmm
But as I've mentioned that 4G is not my requirement and Secondly I've gone through Redmi 2 also . It is an intelligent buy no doubt but I don't like it's back cover view :/

Redmi 2, would be my suggestion. I have the device and it performs great!, if you dont like the back cover, you can always put a hard back cover on the default one, just like i did.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
dont get a flip cover,they are extremely tacky and poorly built and designed
get a hard back case or a silicon case
silicon is best though,has alot of physics involved in telling you why :D :p

Techguy

In the zone
4G might not be a requirement.. but for the extra 1k you spend over the 3G, you get much better performance, better battery life, USB OTG and developer support (ROMs)

IMO, after buying a few "brands". At the end, it's all what you like the most comes to play. A$$ is just fancy argument. Except for a tea cases A$$ is questionable for all the devices.

Top Bottom