Moto Aura -- Wow!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehra.rakesh

Journeyman
The company with the best engineers & the worst management launched a phone this week the 'AURA'. The Moto AURA is a beautiful phone with a breathtakingly beautiful design.

The stats say that moto is dying a slow death . Their traditional market has been overtaken by samsung .... Yet they continue to make phones that seem to have a fresh approach and with a decent price too not like other manufacturers churning out dozens of phones & variants every week ....
For pics go here :::*www.gsmarena.com/motorola_aura-pictures-2562.php

For me ROKR E6 was a gr8 phone featuring MotoEZX with JUIX for the last time ... Yet it was not launched in US or in parts of Europe . Sadly it's most likely this phone will not be seen in the hands of most people despite its cost which traditionally for moto phones has been well within reach of most people ..

Any ideas when or if it will hit Indian shores anytime soon ??????

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
My question is

When they are making such a bad business, why are they designing phones that no one would think of getting. aura, zn5, e8. all are great phones with unique design but cannot be end user choice

They really do need to change their path. Get symbian into their phones. that will boost their sales.

abhi.eternal

In search of light...
first of all, cool design... as usual with MOTO... but please cut the talk about MOTO going to shutdown etc. crap.... you see MOTO is not about only mobile phones. i agree they made a huge fanbase with their stylish phones but they were popular enough before cellphone technology was so widely accepted around the world... just goto www.motorola.com and under Products and Services, choose a country and check out what they have to offer... they can easily afford to invest in a unique cult cellphone... instead of loved-it-once-but-this-one's-better phones...

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I didnt like this phone, I have used V3i and L9 and E398, this one is a turn off for me.

OP
M

mehra.rakesh

Journeyman
My question is

When they are making such a bad business, why are they designing phones that no one would think of getting. aura, zn5, e8. all are great phones with unique design but cannot be end user choice

They really do need to change their path. Get symbian into their phones. that will boost their sales.

Moto has decided to dump symbian and that too when symbian started to appear a little better than what it was a few years ago .. They are trying to focus on Android based handsets !!!!

The problm AFAIK is with their crappy menu system & their sw support not with their hw..No one will buy a phone if no one knows what's so special about it ... Most of the people that work with me ( compulsive spenders ) don't know what's so special about E8 or my all time fav phone MotoFONE,, also i haven't seen any ads about ZN5 and it's kodak image processing

Be frank when u say this ::did u know abt rokr e2 when it was launched and did u know it's price ??,,,,were u as excited abt razr2 as say iphone or n96??...

I dont understand .... i cant see the beauty in this phone ........

Perhaps it wud be apt if i quote this BEAUTY LIES IN THE EYES OF THE BEHOLDER ..

Well i love steel phones ,, plus it has a very cool design plus it runs Linux plus it has ur name etched on it ( i heard this rumour a while back and the pics at gsmarena kinda confirm that) ... what more cud i ask for?? ok maybe a better cam ,, a gps ,, wi-fi ,, and if possible a concierge service like in vertu ... but i wud be more than willing to buy this phone if its within the range of say 12-14k..

dhan_shh

Ambassador of Buzz
Looks cool.....

*i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/motorola-aura-1.jpg

*i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/motorola-aura-2.jpg

sandeepkochhar

In the zone
Moto Aura is awesome...But it will not be priced cheap..It is a luxury segment phone with 160 bearings et al and scratch resistant crystal glass..It has been inspired by Swiss watches and their movements...Moto is also going to launch Moto Krave soon which is the first "Flip on Touch" phone from Moto...It is going to be priced $149 or so..Great buy at this price point..

Pathik

Google Bot
Who knows the decision to move to Android may be the best Moto ever made. We will know in Q2 2009.

utsav

damn busy...
Btw a very close frnd of mine works in motorola as senior project manager earning 25lac+/annum :D . He wil be coming to my house this 20th for few days so i wil get more info frm him what moto is planning to do in the future :p . Android wil b a gud move i think.

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
They really need 2 rethink and restructure their strategies so as 2 bounce back into the market...Dumping symbian won't do any gud 2 them....

OP
M

mehra.rakesh

Journeyman
Moto Aura is awesome...But it will not be priced cheap..It is a luxury segment phone with 160 bearings et al and scratch resistant crystal glass..It has been inspired by Swiss watches and their movements...Moto is also going to launch Moto Krave soon which is the first "Flip on Touch" phone from Moto...It is going to be priced $149 or so..Great buy at this price point..

Wow didn't know that ... Looks like it's for the uber rich .. Hmmm what a waste the phone looked very good ...On the flip side it might actually have the conceirge service !!

Symbian has a huge following among the masses dumping it wud be no good . Besides Android isn't as good as it was promised to be unless they make it trulyopen source.. So let's see what happens .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom