Motherboards for Intel's Core 2 Duo (aka Conroe!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueboy83

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

I need information on the MOBO's best suited for the latest conroe!
Preferred Choices:
1. Intel
2. ASUS
3. Gigabyte
4. MSI

Which one is the best and also offers onboard WiFi Support?

magnet

Youngling
well no one here checks who post wht ...and wht is crap...4get that......

*www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=2797

chck this page it has all the stuffs u want to know

Pathik

Google Bot
INTEL MOBOS->>>
*www.intel.com/products/motherboard/dp965lt/index.htm
*www.intel.com/products/motherboard/d975xbx/index.htm

sabret00the

Youngling
For AMD AM2 socket:
1)Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe/Wireless Edition
2)Asus M2N32 WS Professional
3)Asus CROSSHAIR
4)Asus M2R32-MVP
For Core2Duo socket LGA775:
1)Asus P5B-V
2)Asus P5B Deluxe
3)Asus P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe
4)Asus P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP
5)Asus P5ND2-SLI Deluxe
6)Asus P5N32-SLI Deluxe
7)Asus P5WD2-E Premium
The board we would choose for our own Conroe system is the ASUS P5W-DH Deluxe. Performance is rock solid and the feature set is superb. It is the best overclocker of the eight boards here and it is based on the 975X chipset, which allows the X6800 to be set to both higher and lower multipliers. You cannot set higher multipliers on the P965 and 965 overclocking is poorer on every board we tested than 975X overclocking. We could recommend the 965 if it were cheaper, but the ASUS P5W-DH costs $269 on-line, the ASUS P5B is the SAME price, and the Gigabyte GA-965P-DQ6 is $269. If you don't plan to aggressively overclock the Intel 975XBX is fast at stock and solid at about $250 to $260. The DFI Infinity 975X/G is also a very stable and solid 975X, but it has a hard overclocking wall at 385 FSB - a problem other major 975X board makers have worked around. At the current $249, the DFI price looks high for the features and performance it brings to the table. UPDATE - The DFI Infinity 975X/G is now available at pricing near $190 making this board an extremely attractive and great recommendation for those who do not expect extreme overclocking results.
source:Anandtech Conroe Buying Guide: Feeding the Monster

Last edited:

sabret00the

Youngling
@Sambit: Dear read the post I made ok u'll understand that I have given a list of the best of best mobos for Conroe and all the above mobo's are theoritically available in India and also provided the amd mobos for refernce only got it.....by the way none of the Intel mobos support Dual SLI in 2 x 16x full speed......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom