Motherboard ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

anubisX

Journeyman
Motherboard / Monitor / GPU ???

I'm going to get the Intel E8400 / E8500 and I'm looking for a good motherboard. I have few in mind, ABiT IP35 / ABiT Fatal1ty FP-IN9 / MSI P7NSLI PLATINUM / MSI P35 PLATINUM COM / ASUS P5K. Please suggest me something good. Going to get the Corsair 2 x 1 GB 800MHz DDR2 memory sticks.

I'm not planning for overclocking right now, but who knows :D

Last edited:

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
Go for MSI P45 Platinum For 11k
if planning to Sli go with Msi P7n sli platinum for 8.6k,the same in case u gonna use a single Ati card

P45 Boards are already available .

Last edited:
OP
anubisX

anubisX

Journeyman
Well, I don't want to use the SLi now but if it's present in the MoBo then I've no problem. I can't afford 11K for that mobo as I need to buy the RAM too and my budget is tight. I want one in 9K.

ancientrites

In the zone
true dudes i know about it and upgrading from 680i to 780i or 790i would be perfect.

speaking of msi p7nsli platinum i see 1 pcie*16 mode and 2 pcie*8 how would you go by sli giving full *32 bandwith? if i had to buy 750i mobo my eyes would be on asus p5n-D as it falls under 10000 it has only two slots for full *32 mode and it cost 1000 more than msi but less than evga in theitware.com.

To anubisX as you are under tight finance my recommendation would be any one from abit mobos if u somehow manage to squeeze out of your pocket asus p5n-D way to go.

OP
anubisX

anubisX

Journeyman
Well, I've planned to get the ABiT IP35-E and Intel C2D E8400. Now I want a GPU, which one should be better ? And I also want a 22" TFT. I have few options in mind, Samsung 226BW, Samsung 2243NWX, LG W2252S, LG L226WTQ, LG L222WS. Now, I don't know which one is available now in Kolkata. Called a guy working in Samsung Service Centre and he told me that 226BW is available in Kolkata and is price below 15K. I don't wanna go for Dell as they are not available in Kolkata right now. What do you suggest ? I don't want ViewSonic.

ancientrites

In the zone
good choice there but i am not sure about gpu its all upon liking which you would go for nvidia or amdati.perhaps you could opt for 8800gt oc ones.all the best

OP
anubisX

anubisX

Journeyman
Well, 8800GT is like 12K now in Kolkata and I'll be waiting for the price-drop. But I'm worrying about the TFT monitor.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
true dudes i know about it and upgrading from 680i to 780i or 790i would be perfect.

speaking of msi p7nsli platinum i see 1 pcie*16 mode and 2 pcie*8 how would you go by sli giving full *32 bandwith? if i had to buy 750i mobo my eyes would be on asus p5n-D as it falls under 10000 it has only two slots for full *32 mode and it cost 1000 more than msi but less than evga in theitware.com.

To anubisX as you are under tight finance my recommendation would be any one from abit mobos if u somehow manage to squeeze out of your pocket asus p5n-D way to go.

PCI2.0 16x SLi aint utilised by any card,performance difference is none.so no use spending extra on EVGA/Asus

P5N-D is reported to have a lot of bugs,being just a makeover of P5N-E SLi which too had the same thing in its earlier batches

ancientrites

In the zone
@Nish_Higher
Sir,
My elder brother owns this mobo asus p5n-D with two heavyweights 9800gtx from msi everything set overclocked .As you mentioned there was bug i reported it him about whether he faced any problems.He said the temperature was under control constantly updating bios upto date and so on...perfect.
Now back to pcie 2.0 i dont understand what you are saying (PCI2.0 16x SLi aint utilised by any card).geforce9series and 8800gt are well designed v2.0 for mobos(780i,790i,750i..etc with 2.0 slots .
of course all pcie2.0 mobos do support pcie1.0graphic cards but performance will be low due to its compatible requirements.even 680i mobo supports 9series but performance will lacks here too.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
the bandwidth , 16X in SLi isnt utilised by any card..i.e. it doesnt matter if P7N SLi or any other board does not support 16X SLi..Slots are PCI2.0 only ..difference bw the two mobos is only SLi bandwidth.

consider ur bro lucky man,coz many ppl have had issues with the board,basically the board not booting and SATA issues.the board is based on P5N-E SLi.even the components are almost same and so is the layout.and P5N D is not a good overclocker.u can google for the same.
and several boards were sent to RMA bcoz they just wont boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom