*******Motherboard*******

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitizen

Journeyman
hey guys

One fine day my loyal Via based p4 motherboard deceived me with a series of blue screen after battling with it for four days i decided to give up . So i went in search of a motherboard that will support my existing NVIDIA riva tnt2 card and all other add on cards which were in my previous motherboard and my processor being a P4 1.5 ghz . so being in chennai there is only one destination for techno needs Ritchie street . So i asked the first dealer for a VIA based P4 motherboard he came up with Two options which i dont remember now . so i told him that ill be back in another fifteen minutesd and went in search of more options . I entered a small shop which shelved lot of pheriperals ,i went in and asked the dealer for a VIA based motherboard . the reply was negative so i asked him to show other motherboards of Intel chipsets . he showed me ASROCK 945 chipset motherboard for rs 2500 when i told him that my processor is a pentium 4 1.5 ghz with a crooked smile came the reply that it doesnot support my processor .
Afetr some exhaustive search i found a big and busy shop . i went in and placed my query ." I have a Intel 845 pesv" box packed came the reply and that too for 1800 rs . but no warranty because intel has stopped support for these motherboards . with no toher option left i went for the INTEL PESV motherboard which had 4 back panel usb 2.0 ports and two front panel usb ports and it had six pci slots and one AGP 4X interface .
So i went for the INTEL 845PESV motherboard for 1800 rs which now sits comfortably inside my cabinet perfectly compatible with verything i had . It even supported my Friends P4 2.8 ghz processor .

So tell me guys . did i make a wise move . or have i become a prey for the dealers plan .

Ringwraith

Journeyman
One fine day my loyal Via based p4 motherboard deceived me with a series of blue screen after battling with it for four days i decided to give up .

is that all the reason u had? blue screens are more often a result of faulty drivers.
neways since u have already bought a new mobo thr's nothing which can be done :p .....
ur 845PESV should be OK...i hope its doing the job and ur system is running fine?

OP
D

digitizen

Journeyman
hey i am not a newbie to be scared of blue screens . i am a part time system assembler . the system worked fine with the same drivers for years . i even tried re installing windows several times . and i changed my swapped my ram modules and i even changed the processor . so i came to conclusion that my motherboard is the black sheep . so i changed it .
All i want to know is that did i take a wise decision by buying this motherboard ( a box packed original Intel 845 PESV - no warranty ) for rs 1800 .

Ringwraith

Journeyman
i am a part time system assembler

u mean u assemble computers? or u deal with assembly code?
anyways....if the mobo was problematic then it was a good decision to buy a box packed intel mobo. I guess u wont be overclocking? in standard conditions intel mobos perform very well/stable indeed!

techgizmo

Broken In
wer did u get it frm

hey
can u tell me where exactly did u get this motherboard from.
cause even i am searching for a 845 and i cant find it.
i stay in mumbai
pls tell me as soon as possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom