motherboard & processor query

Status
Not open for further replies.

chitta

Right off the assembly line
hey guys !
i want to upgrade my PC this diwali :D

so i wanted to know costs of this mobo & processor in Mumbai if its avalable in India or is to be avalable till Diwali :

mobo : MSI 945G Neo
processor : Intel Pentium D 820
RAM: 1GB may be 533MHz as mo-bo has support for

Thanks in advance !

aku

Gonna make it BiG
dont go with intel for dual core processors... amd is leading this front... so better go with it!!! ;-)

krishnathelord

In the zone
akuCRACKER is very correct to say that if u wanna go for 64 bit acrtitecture go for AMD,
u can also see the sep Digit for detailed tec.

raj14

In Deniel
Both processors perorm great, AMD performs slightly better in gaming due to extra bandwidth, if you want to use your pc for gaming, go for AMD 64 3500+ "San Deigo" or "Venice" but SD Performs tad better. as for motherboard go for ASUS A8N-SLi (DLX or Premium Depending on your budget) personally i would recommened DFI-LAN Party nForce 4 SLi Ultra, but it's not availble, here; not right now anyways. also, keep in mind if you go with AMD, you Pc would be less futureproff since Current AMD nF4 Boards DON't Support DDR2 and the P90 Chipset (which does support it) would be launched in late 2006. happy shopping!

The Day Walker!

In the zone
hey pals,,,,

i 2 want 2 upgrade my mobo and processor,

i m thinking of AMD 64 X2 3800+ or 4400+

wanted 2 know wots the prices in mumbai 4 both the processors, so that i can make my mind clear for the budget.

and for mobo, i have just 1 option, ASUS A8N-E

also wanted the price of this mobo...

thanx

@raj14
hey pal, who is worried for ddr2, if that person can upgrade 2 4gbs or ddr in the system.

thanx

TDW {RES}

Kniwor

Learner
For dual cores and 64 bit, go with AMD, because AMD dual cores perform better, anfact Intel has released its dual cores just in hurry to catch up, it's just 2 porcs stacked together.

raj14

In Deniel
Well DDR2 makes a BIG Diffrence, especially on higher speed, a 400MHz 1GB Stick would be badly beaten by a 677MHz or 800MHz Stick, regardless of size, offcourse, if one puts enough processing power, memory won't bottleneck performance too much, that is offcourse, you have Atleast 512MB DDR400MHz with Low Latencies :D about your Processor query, well i am guessing your confused due to the stupid system recomendation which was in Fast Track this month, believe me, a High end system Certainly WON'T Have a 3800+ i don't know who writted that :x anyways, dude bad news, AMD Dual Cores havne't launched here, i myself trying to get a 4400+ "Tolendo" AMD North said, they'd be launching it in Early November or before. they will be here BEFORE Mid November. aslo, ASUS K8N-E isa terrible choice, if you can get a DFI LAN Party nForce 4 SLi, or ASUS A8N-SLi Premium, i recommend the ASUS one, which is availble here and needs a minor B.I.O.S Update to reconize Dual Core X2s. about there prices, well AMD Said there Uncorfirmed (yeah, i can see where that is going) a Blind guess:
AMD X2 3800+
Rs.16,500/-
AMD X2 4400+ "Tolendo"
Rs.32,690

i DON'T CONFIRM THESE PRICES, and there merey indicative :)

@Kniwor: uh huh, what? you mean Cores :D

The Day Walker!

In the zone
hey pal.

i ment was ASUS A8n-E and not K8N-e.

i dont want the SLI feature,

rest everything is same,,,, at least most of it.

i m going to have AMD 64 X2 3800+
ASUS A8N-E MOBO, and
CORSAIR TwinX1024-3200C2 DDR400(XMS) RAM
(1 GB RAM)

i think this would take care of the ddr2 stuff,

and would increase the ram 2 2gbs in 6 months.

wot do u say??

thanx

TDW {RES}

raj14

In Deniel
Weird man, i mean, what's the problem, atleast your pc would be future proof, nonetheless it's your choice, btw what are graphics card are you getting? and yes your Rig is great :D

The Day Walker!

In the zone
not yet fixed on grafix,,,

want 2 buy a good 1 which could make me future proof. 4 some time at least...

which 1 should i buy based on the config...

but remember, cant spend anything more then 10ks

not even 1 rs more.

any suggestions.

thanx

TDW {RES}

The Day Walker!

In the zone
not yet fixed on grafix,,,

want 2 buy a good 1 which could make me future proof. 4 some time at least...

which 1 should i buy based on the config...

but remember, cant spend anything more then 10ks

not even 1 rs more.

any suggestions.

thanx

TDW {RES}

raj14

In Deniel
XFX GeForce 6600GT Rs.9,500 :D
OR XFX GeForce 6600, It's exactly like 6600GT but it's clocked Lower.

rohanbee

Padawan
ya the 6600Gt is a brilliant card for the money........go for it. Try to get the leadtek 6600gt extreme edition. Its already factory over-clocked.

raj14

In Deniel
I just love the word: Factory Overclocked! get OCed Cards without voiding warranty, but Leadtek Cards are Hard to get, if you have trouble getting the Leadtek one, try to get XFX One, it's second best to BFG and Leadtek.

The Day Walker!

In the zone
hey can i get leadtek cards in banglore...

cause 1 of my aunts stay in blore, and she is a distributor in comp. hardware...

thanx

TDW {RES}

raj14

In Deniel
Please don't double post, instead, use the EDIT button, also, if your Aunt isa PC Vendor, i think you should quote her about the price. You can Contact Top Notch Infotec, which is National Distrubutor for Leadtek Products in india at:
E-Mail: enquiry@zebronics.net
you can also call their Bangalore Branch at: 080 - 2299 8868

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom