motherboard or nvidia chipset

samudragupta

Youngling
hi, my laptop is dead. When i press the power key it flickers and then nothing happens. I got it checked with hp service and they said motherboard issue. But when i checked with local technician he said nvidia chip needs replacement. I am confused. If mb is faulty i rather buy new laptop but if chip is faulty i can replace it. What can be the problem. Thanx

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Do you really think that it is worthy (in terms of cost) to replace nvidia chip-set of your laptop's motherboard? :unsure:
If the answer is yes, then go ahead. Otherwise, you have other options.

jagdish

Journeyman
If it is a MB problem it is not worth, they can't guarantee you if they can fix it or not it will be simply waste of time and money now laptop price has come down so go for a new one it will give you much better performance and have peace of mind. :mrgreen:

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
side info: technicians at HP service center are n00b. 1 Year ago, when my laptop started to create similar sort of problem I went there and they told me the same (i.e. motherboard is dead), then I came back home, inserted a new HDD & wow, it begin to work once again.

May be something similar happens to you.

Top Bottom