Motherboard 'n' Graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.

sourishzzz1234

Q6600 Underclocked
I have a gigabyte motherboard(6IWFE) built on Intel 810e chipset with probably 32MB Intel 82810e Onboard Graphics having 3 PCI ant a CNR slot?
Can i have a graphics card installed ???
what hardwares can be attached to these PCI slots????:cool:

assasin

Banned
u can install only pci gfx cards.but these will be hard to get,r limited in model and performance and cost to performance ratio is high.

moshel

Padawan
810e?????? are u sure that is the name???? u got me confused......810 mobos must be almost 8 yrs old now?? is it so old?

aquamatrix

Journeyman
well a better option would be to get a new mobo as PCI graphics card are pathetic ands its very hard to find them, but then you'll have to ditch your PIII and ram. so then you'll almost have to buy a a whole new PC then.

On those slots graphic card, internal modem, tv tuner card, sound cards, lan card.. etc can be installed.

PCI

OP
sourishzzz1234

sourishzzz1234

Q6600 Underclocked
moshel said:
810e?????? are u sure that is the name???? u got me confused......810 mobos must be almost 8 yrs old now?? is it so old?
yeah am damn sure its (82)810e chipset based
please tell me if any graphics card is available with price:cool:
well a better option would be to get a new mobo as PCI graphics card are pathetic ands its very hard to find them, but then you'll have to ditch your PIII and ram. so then you'll almost have to buy a a whole new PC then.

On those slots graphic card, internal modem, tv tuner card, sound cards, lan card.. etc can be installed.

PCI
Thankzzz
but can u tell me the price of such graphics cards

Last edited:

moshel

Padawan
there were agp cards during the days of 810 chipset, but 810 doesnt have a AGP slot.........the latter one 815 did have AGP slot....

i was myself "fooled" by the vendor at that time and cursed him for giving me a mobo without AGP slot...so best bet, buy a new pc...

if u want then dont change the mouse, KB, Monitor or speakers... u will save money in that especially if u dont have to buy the monitor.

digiFriend

In the zone
even 845 mother board for P4 does not have AGP slot. it is not worth to spend money on PCI graphic card at all.
some eariler pci graphic card are slower than intel inbuild 810 graphic chipset.

moshel

Padawan
digiFriend said:
even 845 mother board for P4 does not have AGP slot. it is not worth to spend money on PCI graphic card at all.
some eariler pci graphic card are slower than intel inbuild 810 graphic chipset.

have to correct u there m8....845 has an AGP slot...me myself using it....

anyway @sourishzzz1234 i recommend u go for a new PC.....cos even if u buy a PCI card, i dont think it will last long......in computer world i mean.

assasin

Banned
moshel said:
have to correct u there m8....845 has an AGP slot...me myself using it....

even though ur mobo has a AGP slot,the 845 chipset doesnt support AGP bus natively.some mobos with 845 chipset feature a agp slot which uses the pci bus for communication instead of the agp bus cuz 845 doesnt support agp bus.so performance is reduced.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
assasin said:
even though ur mobo has a AGP slot,the 845 chipset doesnt support AGP bus natively.some mobos with 845 chipset feature a agp slot which uses the pci bus for communication instead of the agp bus cuz 845 doesnt support agp bus.so performance is reduced.

Your information is severly flawed.

There were 2 primary chipsets & there derivatives for 845 series

1) 845G Chipset - Onboard graphics & AGP 4X Slot
845GL chipset - Onboard graphics with no AGP slot. This is what you are mistaking with 845 chipset
845GM - onboard graphics only, made for Laptops

2) 845P chipset - AGP slot & no onboard graphics.
845PM - With no onboard graphics & required a standalone graphics card in those days in Laptops such as Geforce Go FX 5200

Many vendors routed the AGP slot via PCI bus in 845GL chipst giving pseudo AGP performance & compatibility such as Mercury(Kobain) & ASRock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom