Motherboard for my i5 7600

ghemanth90

Broken In
I got a i5 7600 for cheap from US and I am getting it on my hands next week. I'm currently looking for a motherboard at a budget of Rs.5000.

All B250 series motherboards are out of my budget. I know Skylake motherboards support Kaby lake after bios update.

My question is - Do the LGA 1151 motherboards available in the market today come with latest BIOS?

Also, I have an unused 8GB corsair DDR3 RAM. I'm in a deep dilemma whether to go with the normal DDR4 Motherboard and pay for the new RAM? or get a DDR3 supported Skylake motherboard like Asus H110M-E D3 and save 4500 bucks.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
LGA1151 mobos for the latest chipset is already released updated.

So go with Gigabyte GA-B250M-D3H@ 7k

Don't compromise on quality for a mere 2k
As this Mobo supports DDR4, go with either Corsair Value Select or Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 Ram.

Corsair and Gigabyte are best brands and come with warranty.

Sent from my Lenovo K6 Power using Tapatalk

OP
G

ghemanth90

Broken In
LGA1151 mobos for the latest chipset is already released updated.

So go with Gigabyte GA-B250M-D3H@ 7k

Don't compromise on quality for a mere 2k
As this Mobo supports DDR4, go with either Corsair Value Select or Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 Ram.

If I opt for B250 motherboard, I would end up paying 6.5K extra (2K extra for motherboard and 4.5K for RAM). I'm little budget conscious.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
If I opt for B250 motherboard, I would end up paying 6.5K extra (2K extra for motherboard and 4.5K for RAM). I'm little budget conscious.
If you are little budget conscious then why go with i5 7500 in the 1st place. Just go with Intel Pentium G4560. It's enough for you.

OP
G

ghemanth90

Broken In
If you are little budget conscious then why go with i5 7500 in the 1st place. Just go with Intel Pentium G4560. It's enough for you.

Easy.. As I had mentioned, I got 7600 for cheap, $105 to be precise (Through a friend who works at Intel). Just wanted to know whether I can get H110M Skylake motherboards with latest BIOS in the market today.

Broken In

You should be able to sell your DDR3 for Rs.3000 on the forums. So, it's not 6.5 extra but Rs.3.5 extra only.

Top Bottom