Motherboard for e2180

hannibal2469

Journeyman
Hi guys,
I need help on deciding a motherboard for e2180 processor for my friends computer..
the current motherboard doesnt support more than 4 gb of ram, so i need a board which can support 16 gb of ram or at least 8 gb of ram...

So please suggest some products which will be appropriate for this also he wants the price to be as low as possible... and i am guessing for motherboards it doesnt matter to buy cheap stuff unless you want some extra features, so please suggest a cheap but reliable one. And please notify me if i need to change other things in the computer to comply with the new board for eg i may need a new hdd if the old hdd doesnt have the new connectivty standard etc
Thanks

Naxal

Little Kid
DDR3 does the processor support ddr3 ? also will it be compatible with cd drives and hdd having old connection standards

E2180 will run fine with DDR-III 1333 MHz..
G41 does have connector for PATA (U-ATA). but only one, meaning maximum 2 PATA drives with master slave configuration..
G41 chipset I guess will allow Maximum of 8GB or RAM and got E2180, i guess that is more than enough..

Thanks..

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
only S2PT and Combo has IDE ports.

BTW, 8GB ram with a e2180 like cpu .. I don't think it's gonna handle that much ram efficiently.

Top Bottom