Motherboard for 8120

kartikoli

Busy!!
I am upgrading my setup so looking to buy a motherboard in 6~7k range

My requirements are as follows
- no overclocking at all
- integrated graphics as I am a consistent upgrader and my pc can remain without gpu for long
- is there any board with crossfire support also having intergated graphics so that pc can be used without gpu
- 6 sata port to accomplish my hd requirements
- gigabyte preferred and msi totally neglected due to pathetic ASS

Waiting to get my hands on the board asap

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
best mobo would be ECS A-970MA deluxe available at itpot. but no integrated gpu.also 5 sata ports.or get asus m5a97 r2.0. Your cpu is a powerful power hungry 8 core one and hence should be paired with a good mobo. dont you have a gpu now?

OP
kartikoli

kartikoli

Busy!!
i have a gtx580 as of now but its with service center so i want to be sure that the system need to be running if something goes wrong with gpu

Cilus

laborare est orare
Buddy, then you have to get the cheaper and older AMD 760 or 785 based chipset based motherboards, retailing around 4K. But they are not at all build for handling processors like FX-8120 and there will be serious chances of damage during high workload.

OP
kartikoli

kartikoli

Busy!!
Currently I am using asus m5a88m and will use this mobo with my other pc ( currently on sale) so now I have

Asus mobo + 8120
Combo - asus mobo with entry level dual or quad core (thinking of buying athlon 270 or any phenom quad core)

Combo 2 - 8120 + any motherboard

how about these boards

*www.gigabyte.in/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3789#ov
*www.gigabyte.in/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3785#ov
*www.asus.com/in/Motherboards/M5A88V_EVO/#overview

OP
kartikoli

kartikoli

Busy!!
now it looks like i should go with asus m5a97 R2.0 (does it support 8350/8320 as i might upgrade in coming months)

please give final verdict so that i can place an order ASAP also there is 5450 on flipkart for 2k should i consider that instead of 210 (a local is selling @ 1000rs)

the gpu will be used for movies only and will remain as backup most of the time (let my gtx580 comes back)

Cilus

laborare est orare
Any AMD 9XX based chipset support both Bulldozer and Piledriver based CPUs. All you need to check that the maximum CPU power handled by the motherboard. M5A97 R2.0 supports 125W CPU and therfore supports all the Piledriver based processors, FX-4300 to FX-8350.
Regarding HD 5450, it has better featureset support than GT 210. But for backup GPU, I think GT 210 is okay, specially when it is available at half the price of 5450.

OP
kartikoli

kartikoli

Busy!!
Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 AM3+ ATX Motherboard for AMD Processors, DDR3 Memory Support | eBay

this is a cheaper model but few members said that it will not be compatible with 8320/8350 so i am worried if about future upgrades

*cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=141066707781

this is a cheaper model but few members said that it will not be compatible with 8320/8350 so i am worried about future upgrades
secondly when i contacted a local seller then found that gtx210 was sold already

please suggest cheapest gpu as well with 1080p playback

Cilus

laborare est orare
Don't get the LE model, they are okay for the quad core or 6 core models. The M5A97 model should be minimum for running 8 Core processors and if possible get the m5A97 EVO R2.0 model. It will enable good amount of tweaking with the 8 Core FX processors.
For GPU, HD 5450 is okay for HD playback.

OP
kartikoli

kartikoli

Busy!!
the board was unavailable even with local distributors and they were not willing to quote anything. I had to visit many stores some were having LE version but i was not willing to change my decision

visited last shop and he had few old stocks and when he offered me 6.5k (wow... lowest was 7.3k on snapdeal and that too is OOS now) tried to negotiate and he said please buy from somewhere

payed 9.6k for combo now only gpu is left
final config will look like

PC 1
asus m5a97 R2.0 + FX 8120 + entry level GPU as of now ... maybe gtx210 or 5450 (waiting for my 580 from RMA)

PC 2
asus m5a88 m + athlon 270 + 5670 (optional) if i get a decent offer in 2.5k range

NOW i am left with quite less cash as i am planning sony 32' full HD LED to upgrade my dell 22' LED or samsung 22' LCD (both full HD)

Top Bottom