Motherboard dead or what....

bludash

Mark your Mark
Hi People
My cousins pc is not booting up at all I mean there is no display that comes up when I start the computer, It is a fairly new built he got it assembled at Laminton road. The config is MSI mobo fm2-a55m-e33,A4-5300 proccy,2 gb Ram, and el-chepo power supply. I have tried connecting the tower to my lcd but nothing comes up. I have tried to interchange the RAM with mine no results.
The system boots up I can see the cpu fan rotating but no beeps can be heard. it uses IGP, So is it that the mobo is dead or is there something I need to try. I did advise him against the AMD A4 built but he did not pay attention. The major problem is that he has lost the bill he only has the original mobo box is that sufficient for the RMA.
Suggestions would be appreciated....Thanks

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
you don't even need the box .. the serial no. on the motherboard is enough for RMA.

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Well, if something similar happens, you should first try to reset bios, you may simply remove battery of board something. Also, is there any car or anything you have attached then try to remove it and then try to boot.

OP
B

bludash

Mark your Mark
Thanks @ topgear
@ Ricky
Also, is there any car or anything you have attached then try to remove it and then try to boot.
:confused: why will one attach a car to the computer.

OP
B

bludash

Mark your Mark
Thanks for clarifying
he meant card
I am sorry that word did not strike me....but yes there is nothing external attached to the pc....I will try to reset BIOS and after that if I am not wrong RMA is the only option left. So shall I just take the board to the service center and tell them the problem right? Please advice me as I have never done RMA.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
yes, just take the board to the service center, get a token from there to submit the board - they will do a little physical inspection of the board and ask you what issue you the mobo has ? Tell them and they will give you a RMA paper with a Call id/RMA no. on it with few details of your like name, address and ph no. etc. and expected date of repair/replacement. When you need to check the status just call the SC and tell them your RMA/Call id no.

Top Bottom