Motherboard Bios or AGP slot??

Status
Not open for further replies.

aquafusion

Journeyman
I got a FX 5200 AGP card 8x. I have 2 motherboards. i is a via motherboard that support 4X agp cards and the other one is PI845GLM-L intel motherboard that supports 8x.
I tried inserting the AGP card in the AGP slots of both the motherboards , one at each time but i did not get any display.
Then i changed the bios settings, that said init Display first >>>to AGP (not pci) and tried restarting but the cpu fan starts and there is no display whatsoever on the monitor.

The MAjor question that i have is:
1) Are there any BIOS Settings that i need to change to get my agp card working??? MY card is Perfectly fine ( I checked it on my friends motherboard)

Plz help me!
thanks!

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Hmmmm.....well did you connect the monitor to the card??
And make sure the card is firmly in its position ....and go to the BIOS and ''Primary Graphics Synthesizer'' to AGP....it should boot...

OP
A

aquafusion

Journeyman
I don't think i have this option "and go to the BIOS and ''Primary Graphics Synthesizer'' to AGP" and i did connect the AGP card to the monitor.
Well there is something more to it.
When i place the agp card in the AGP slot and do not connect it to the monitor , when the monitor is connected to the onboard display, it does not give a display. But when i remove the agp it gives Display( normal display).
what is the issue.

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
My earlier mobo was 845 chipset based & I know for a fact that it is nothing to do with bios...it is most likely that ur AGP slot is shot.

blademast3r

In the zone
Hey check if the monitor cord IS CONNECTED to the graphics card output port, if connected then remove card rub the oins with eraser and try again

Stalker

Padawan
well.....connect the monitor cable to ur gfx card, goto bios...set init display to agp
c if u can first disable onboard gfx thru ur bios

OP
A

aquafusion

Journeyman
I seen the card work in a board with plug and play option for agp.
But guess my board needs some bios setting changed or a specific procedure to get the card running???
Can anyone state the steps to insert the card ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom