Motherboard and CPU cooler advice please

ntraturownrisk

Right off the assembly line
Hi All,

I recently lost my motherboard to unexpected power surges, power cuts and the lack of a UPS. here's my config:

Corsair GS 600 PSU
Intel i7-2600k
Zotac GTX 560 Ti
2x4 Corsair Vengeance (1333 MhZ)
2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RpM hard disks
Cooler Master Storm Enforcer

I'm a bit confused between the p67 and the z68 chipsets. Please suggest a good motherboard across a couple of different price segments.

Also, I learnt that the stock cooler for an i7-2600k is not up to the mark, so I might be going for a new cooler. I saw this post and am considering either the CM N620 or the Noctua U12P SE2. Are there any other models that I need to look at, considering the post was last edited in 2012?

Thank You

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
have you considered Z77 series?

Also, I am using a CM Hyper 212X. Performs superbly on my i5 2400, keeping temps below 65C.

according to benchmarks on this cooler, it will performs reasonably well for air cooling during OCing too. and at a price point of ~3.5k, its a good VFM.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Around 10 for the mobo and 3 ish for the cooler

GIGABYTE GA-Z77M-D3H -11,999

Link:GIGABYTE GA-Z77M-D3H Motherboard - Buy GIGABYTE GA-Z77M-D3H Motherboard Online at Low Price in India - Snapdeal

Cooler Master Hyper 212X-3100

Link:Cooler master Hyper 212X CPU Cooler - Buy Cooler master Hyper 212X CPU Cooler Online at Low Price in India - Snapdeal

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
how about this motherboard :
*www.flipkart.com/asrock-fatal1tyz77-motherboard/p/itme3hvsk7wdxqsx?pid=MBDE3HVSYH8MAVGZ

Top Bottom