more than a mobile choice problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
i have to get a new phone as im goin to eng. college .
budget is around Rs 4k-5k. maybe a little more.

i have decided on nokia 3110c.. as i think its the best all rounder.. in that price range..music is what my phone will be primarily used for .
if u have any other suggestions.. then plz do give them.

but the second option ive got is to buy a cheap phone now( like a 2k phone)... &
if i do well then in 2nd year i get a 10-12k phone ...
my campus has wifi so i was thinking of gettin a wifi enabled phone after a year( i do have a laptop though so internet surfing on mobile is not very imp).. but their is a catch(there always is :D ).. i have to do well in my exams(which im not very sure of).. :D ..only then i get my new mobile..

so what do u guys say.. "a bird in hand is worth 2 in the bush"?

shaunak

Tux Fan
A bird in hand is definitely worth 2 in the bush, Esp. since Bush is in China currently.

Jokes apart, I think you should get the 3110c now, or the SE W200i.
Not that I doubght Your ability.... but because Wifi enabled phone's prices may drop by then....

Last edited:

Sumeet_naik

It doesn't matter!
Ya.. 3110c is pretty good choice for 4.5k.. U can consider 3500c which has few minor upgrades for 5.4k..

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

^^
which one of the w200i & 3110c is more future proof

Ya.. 3110c is pretty good choice for 4.5k.. U can consider 3500c which has few minor upgrades for 5.4k..

how is 3500c different to 3110 c.. is the extra 1k worth the upgrade

Get a 1200 for 1k now and save the remaining to get a better fone in 2nd year.

hmmm.... will think abt it.

Last edited:

shaunak

Tux Fan
The 3110c is definitely the most future proof.

About the 3500c it is more stylish and has a 2.5mm jack, but a slightly smaller battery. So if the phones look matters to you then I think it warrants the 1K else, get the 3110c

PS: here is a head to head: *www.phonearena.com/htmls/compare_advresults.php?phones[0]=1957&phones[1]=2211&area=2

MasterMinds

hell boy
look if u tend to use ur phone for music and for strict MUSIC then w200i is the way else 3110c
3110c have bluetooth and edge support two things rather important things which are absent in w200i but w200i has an egde in sound reproduction and bundled earphones so entirly depends on u so choose

and i think no point in going for 3500c as the only main upgrade is 2mpx camera is it worth it....i dont think so

Last edited:

k6153r

Broken In
I think it's best to buy 3110c.

OFF TOPIC:
Which phone is best:
Nokia 1680c or Motorola C168i?
Please do reply.

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

seems like everyone is suggesting 3110classic... any other suggestions?
what do u think abt Samsung-SGH-E251 & LG-Dynamite KP220?
any of these worth a look compared to 3110c.

shaunak

Tux Fan
If you use the same earphones, you will find that the music quality in most phones is acceptably identical, so dont be taken in by the walkman branding, go for better technology. The nokia 3110c / 3500c is best in the catagory.

The samsung's camera is totally hopeless. (Its VGA i think). The phone is very durable though. My friend has dropped his from nearly 8ft (He had climbed on a chair) and it survived ...!

Last edited:
OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

If you use the same earphones, you will find that the music quality in most phones is acceptably identical, so dont be taken in by the walkman branding, go for better technology. The nokia 3110c / 3500c is best in the catagory.

The samsung's camera is totally hopeless. (Its VGA i think). The phone is very durable though. My friend has dropped his from nearly 8ft (He had climbed on a chair) and it survived ...!

yup.. i think i will be gettin a better earphone.. so the best choice seems to be 3110c .. then

MasterMinds

hell boy
Lol shauk....
Se w200 walkman phone is better in any aspect of music....B it earphones or its music player.....3110 and even nokia n70m not even close to it....I used em both....

shaunak

Tux Fan
Possible, to be fair I havent really heard too many songs on the w200i. Just a few pop numbers, and they seemed similar.

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
Lol shauk....
Se w200 walkman phone is better in any aspect of music....B it earphones or its music player.....3110 and even nokia n70m not even close to it....I used em both....

lol on that W200i is just making fool of us with its walkman tag i don't think you have compared them ever.......

dude believe me 3110 classic is better than that rubbish phone

and in sound quality even sound from earphones is the same..........................

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

Beware the 3110c's earphones are mono

k... will be gettin a new earphone.. so it doesnt matter..

so 3110c is final.. im goin to get it..

i have bought 3110c.. what i wanted to ask .. is can i use my creative zen v plus's usb cable for my moblie to connect it to pc? or do i have to buy nokia dke-2?

Last edited:

GeekyBoy

In the zone
k... will be gettin a new earphone.. so it doesnt matter..

so 3110c is final.. im goin to get it..

i have bought 3110c.. what i wanted to ask .. is can i use my creative zen v plus's usb cable for my moblie to connect it to pc? or do i have to buy nokia dke-2?
Yes you have to use the dke2 cable. You can also transfer data with a card reader which will be more cost effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom