Moore's Law ???????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

khandu

In the zone
The observation made in 1965 by Gordon Moore, co-founder of Intel, that the number of transistors per square inch on integrated circuits had doubled every year since the integrated circuit was invented. Moore predicted that this trend would continue for the foreseeable future. In subsequent years, the pace slowed down a bit, but data density has doubled approximately every 18 months, and this is the current definition of Moore's Law, which Moore himself has blessed. Most experts, including Moore himself, expect Moore's Law to hold for at least another two decades.

I knew it but didnt wanna explain in my own words.. so thats a cut-paste

prathapml

Broken In
Hmmm....... What moore didn't foresee was that the HW req.s for our normal operations would go up as well - so all that increase in power is getting cancelled out. :(

khandu

In the zone
heh... np guys..

i think this article had come about moore's law in CHIP '99 edition.. dont remmeber the month..

OP
F

FasTrack

Journeyman
Well, the question of Moore's Law, could be a matter of Science, Technology and Humans, Still, some sort of statement made without any reason behind is sure 2 fall apart sooner or later.

Good Luck Moore and Intel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom