monitor suggestion for gaming on play station

$hadow

Geek in making
1. Budget? 25k
2. Display type and size? Looking for 32ish with 144z refresh rate 4k if possible
3. What will the TV/monitor be used for primarily? will be connected to my MacBook and windows laptop and will be majorly used for gaming since I'm planning to use it with PS5.
4. Types and number of ports required? HDMI 2.1
5. Preferred choice of brand? No clue
6. Any TV/monitor in consideration? None
7. Any other info that you want to share.
Since this will be majorly used for gaming on PS5 a monitor with can utilise the processing of the machine would be nice.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
LG 27GL850 is a tried and tested monitor.
27 inch, 1440p, 144hz, Gsync compatible (Freesync) and support HDR400 (although its pretty bad no local dimming)

If you are only gonna play games, the Gigabyte M27Q also makes sense, do note it has a BGR Panel whereas windows, macos and linux by default output RGB. This is gonna cause smearing on small text. For gaming this is unaffected.

Infact, the LG one is the monitor I am going to buy when I relocate next, unless something better comes up

Last edited:

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
*www.amazon.in/dp/B079HV1TDC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_CRWYCMCG9XTBSV7M4S53?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Found a 4k in your budget mostly they are all starting at 30k.

OP
$hadow

$hadow

Geek in making
Co
*www.amazon.in/dp/B079HV1TDC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_CRWYCMCG9XTBSV7M4S53?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Found a 4k in your budget mostly they are all starting at 30k.
Consumer reviews seems bad for this product, I checked it out some time back.

OP
$hadow

$hadow

Geek in making
LG 27GL850 is a tried and tested monitor.
27 inch, 1440p, 144hz, Gsync compatible (Freesync) and support HDR400 (although its pretty bad no local dimming)

If you are only gonna play games, the Gigabyte M27Q also makes sense, do note it has a BGR Panel whereas windows, macos and linux by default output RGB. This is gonna cause smearing on small text. For gaming this is unaffected.

Infact, the LG one is the monitor I am going to buy when I relocate next, unless something better comes up
Any idea regarding this one?

*www.amazon.in/LG-Ultragear-Gaming-Monitor-Freesync/dp/B07FLGR2PN/ref=psdc_1375425031_t1_B07R7636MH

Nerevarine

Incarnate

*www.amazon.in/LG-Ultragear-Gaming-Monitor-Freesync/dp/B07FLGR2PN/ref=psdc_1375425031_t1_B07R7636MH
Its a VA panel, I have no idea about how good it is.
*www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/98421c0f

See review from Hardware Unboxed if they have

OP
$hadow

$hadow

Geek in making
Its a VA panel, I have no idea about how good it is.
*www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/98421c0f

See review from Hardware Unboxed if they have
So the one you suggested and this one are two different panels ?
Any idea how LG 27GL850 performs with PS?

Nerevarine

Incarnate

GL850 has been consistently voted as one of the best gaming monitors for 400USD price. Lowest response time among all IPS panels, good freesync range, good panel.

OP
$hadow

$hadow

Geek in making

GL850 has been consistently voted as one of the best gaming monitors for 400USD price. Lowest response time among all IPS panels, good freesync range, good panel.
But it is priced at 36k. Going way above the budget
*www.amazon.in/LG-Ultragear-27-inch...ds=lg+gl850&qid=1620046236&s=computers&sr=1-3

TheSloth

The Slowest One

32" is a bit bigger for QHD. Just few months back one of the forum member ordered 32" model and complained the the texts were pixelated on it and went it smaller size. Although I think he was talking about 4K model, so QHD will also look bad on 32". If its possible for you to check some local showrooms before finalizing then do that.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
32" is a bit bigger for QHD. Just few months back one of the forum member ordered 32" model and complained the the texts were pixelated on it and went it smaller size. Although I think he was talking about 4K model, so QHD will also look bad on 32". If its possible for you to check some local showrooms before finalizing then do that.
I think for PS5 like OP has a requirement, thats fine. This is not a PC monitor he plans to use to browse web

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
*www.amazon.in/dp/B08SMJNSCS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_CX1KVGD7ND6ARHDH20PB

How about this? How much space do you have? Would you able to increase the budget for TVs?
To me most of tvs are showing undeliverable right now so check for your location.

In case you up your budget here are some options.
*www.amazon.in/dp/B08FD2VSD9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_735HZTNQ9CVA8C43X7TV

*www.amazon.in/dp/B08Y55LPBF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_HZHM1K367HFJM0PZ1AC7

*www.amazon.in/dp/B07TMFV9NN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_YQX727BMEAZZV7NFYZKZ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

OP
$hadow

$hadow

Geek in making
*www.amazon.in/dp/B08SMJNSCS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_CX1KVGD7ND6ARHDH20PB

How about this? How much space do you have? Would you able to increase the budget for TVs?
To me most of tvs are showing undeliverable right now so check for your location.

In case you up your budget here are some options.
*www.amazon.in/dp/B08FD2VSD9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_735HZTNQ9CVA8C43X7TV

*www.amazon.in/dp/B08Y55LPBF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_HZHM1K367HFJM0PZ1AC7

*www.amazon.in/dp/B07TMFV9NN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_YQX727BMEAZZV7NFYZKZ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Brother not looking for a TV. Still thanks for the inputs.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Whatever monitor you decide, run it by displayspecifications.com for more information.
For some reason, my isp has blocked it

Top Bottom