monitor playing games with me ... :-((

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_fragger

Broken In
I have a strange issue.My assembled system has got P4-2.4Ghz,DDRAM 512Mb,Intel D845 motherboard,Asus Geforce 4 Ti 4200 and a 17' samsung synchmaster monitor :D .The OS i'm using is Win Me
The issue is that while playing some games the monitor goes completely blank .even the LED on the monitor goes off. have faced this issue while playing games like Midnight club,Command and Conquer generals at a res of 1024X768. If i do Alt+ Tab to move to windows the monitor comes to life again. :x
however for some other graphics intensive games like star wars KOTOR,Evil genius etc there is no issue and they run smoothly. I'm using the latest Nvidia 61.XX drivers.Please do help me as i think my gfx card should be able to handle these games with on a res of 1024X768. Is my monitor spooked or what ?
:?:

theraven

Technomancer
hmmm i think its a refresh rate problem not a resolution ...
what rate are u tryin to run them at ?
what rates do ur monitor support ?

technoteen

Journeyman
the problem may be with your drivers
sometimes it is better to go with orignal drivers that came with your card(as it not manufactured by Nvidia) or go to asus website to check if they have launched any uodates for your card

friend by the way after having such machine why are you using me better switch to xp

theraven

Technomancer
then listen to techno teen
hes right .. sometimes drivers are the problem ..
i had problems in my old system with a riva tnt ... screwed up with the new drivers ...
i suggest u use the ones provided by ur GPU manufacturer

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
- try above options
- after that , reduce agp apeture in bios
- reduce agp mode ( eg change to 4x if its running in 8x )
- win me always a pain with games . try xp or 98 , check the games manual or faq for issues with winme

OP
T

the_fragger

Broken In
i tried everything ...
changed from Me to XP ..it didn't helped...
moved back to the original asus drivers bundled with my gfx card..didn't helped either
reduced agp aperture from 256 to 128 .. no luck :(
can sumone please help me out .. i can't play some of my favourite games 'coz of this stoopid issue :( :( :(

OP
T

the_fragger

Broken In
finally managed to resolve the issue..i've learnt that sometimes the simplest solution to the ugliest of problems involves removing and then reinstalling the culprit device.. removed my gfx card ,reinstalled it and now its working fine :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom