Monitor or TV?

a_medico

Chillum Baba
I am thinking of buying an external monitor (21 to 27 inch) for my 14 inch lenovo laptop.

Purpose - 1) Basic Office use 2) Photo editing in lightroom

Someone suggested me to go for LED TV instead.

Which would be the better option?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
You can go for either to be honest. But if you watch movies then I will definitely suggest TV over monitor. For any basic works a monitor is enough.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
BTW nice laptop.

IMO For a laptop you should go with TV as there will be more uses for it except just connecting it to your laptop.

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
I am thinking of buying an external monitor (21 to 27 inch) for my 14 inch lenovo laptop.

Purpose - 1) Basic Office use 2) Photo editing in lightroom

Someone suggested me to go for LED TV instead.

Which would be the better option?

I would recommend buying a monitor because of the following reasons

1. TV or Monitor ALWAYS get an IPS LED PANEL

2. Its highly unlikely that you will find a 23-29 inch TV with an IPS LED panel

OP
a_medico

a_medico

Chillum Baba
About IPS tech

IPS Advantage | Commercial Display | LG Electronics: Business Electronics | LG USA

My recommendation

LG 24EA53VQ LED Monitor - IPS Monitor - LG Electronics IN

That model is impressive.. snapdeal shows its price around 13k. I can push my budget upto 17-20k for more size of screen (due to some applications, which demand max screen size. Bigger, the better).

Any more recommendations?

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
That model is impressive.. snapdeal shows its price around 13k. I can push my budget upto 17-20k for more size of screen (due to some applications, which demand max screen size. Bigger, the better).

The problem is that in TV's you do get FHD res in the price bracket of 20-30K but IPS panels start only from upwards of 30K.Therefor better to get an IPS monitor rather than a non IPS tv(FHD is the max res you will get at this price)

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, if one doesn't game then IPS might be a good choice.

IPS panels are fine for gaming, a response time of 5 ms is more than enough

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz

So, did you get it ?

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Don't go with an led TV .. it will be expensive... go With IPS LEd Monitor that has HDMI port in it.. so if you want to use it as a tv later you can directly connect your set top box to monitor with HDMI cable ( HD STB ) .. this will be much cheaper and you will get full HD resolution in 22-24 inch whereas in tv it is usually 720p

Top Bottom