MONITOR Internet Traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajkumar_personal

Ignorance is BLISS !!
Please provide me links to the softwares that can help me to monitor my internet traffic.
I mean to say that I wanna know which app is trying to connect to which site on the internet while I am online !

digen

Youngling
Yes ZA will alert you if any program is trying to access the internet.But apart from that its a good practice to check what all is indeed connected.

c:\>netstat -ano

If you need a advanced tool to identify which ports ar open,which are listening for connections etc. then get Fport,a must have tool.

Download FPort

aadipa

Padawan
You can do that even in Kerio personal firewall ver 4 (i have not tried ver 2).

And if you want to know while files are downloaded and how much part is downloaded by HTTP, you can try Naviscope.

Remember both applications are not made for the job you want them to do but it does the same as a side product.

Kerio shows open ports and applications using ports with remote servers.

Naviscope sits as a HTTP proxy and shows the files being downloaded and what size they are. So if you are viewing a page and some big image is taking a lot of time to load, you can just cancel the loading of that image.

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Does these software also monitor connections made by other systems in the network (considering the software to be installed in the server).

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
lywyre said:
Does these software also monitor connections made by other systems in the network (considering the software to be installed in the server).
I think kerio does...............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom