monitor goes black after 1 second

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 26636

I have a rather strange problem with my LCD monitor a Viewsonic Vx1940W ,which is 1 year old.My problem is that it only stays on for around 2 seconds before the screen goes black (the power remains on). If I then turn it off and back on again I can see the desktop again but only for 2 seconds before it turns off again.I don't think its the graphic card or driver issue as i connected a samsung to my PC & it worked fine..upon connecting the Viewsonic to another PC the display had the same problem.
now my questions-
1. Does anyone know why this is happening or a possible solution?
2.do you think 1 year is a very short time for such problems to occur?
3.since i keep my PC on 24/7 could that have been the cause?
4.should i take it to a viewsonic service centre for warranty?
5.how long will it take for RMA?
thank you.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
1 year is not a short time. A problem can occur at any point in a life-cycle of an electronic product. My Viewsonic (CRT) had an issue with it's menu system going haywire without the button even being touched. I called up Viewsonic helpline & they sent an Engineer within 24 hrs flat & he got it fixed for me. That was a surprisingly good service. Call them up & have it checked up. If the problem can't be fixed on-site, they may have to send it in for replacement (if it's a faulty LCD).

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
The same exact problem happened with my LG TFT. However, it happened after 3 yrs! It is generally caused by the faulty/burnt Back-Lit circuitry. Got it replaced with a new one from LG. Costed me around 1100 bucks. And no, keeping PC on 24/7 isn't any cause for these kinds of problems. Contact Viewsonic Service Centre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom