Broken In
Dear All,

My Desktop config is as follows:

Motherboard: asrock h61m-hg4
Proccessor: I3-3220
Graphic Card:GIGABYTE GV-R7750OC-2GI
RAM: Kingston hyperx blu 4 GB 1600 MHz
1 TB HDD

I bought this PC last year.Since last few months my Monitor doesn't receive signals intermittently. On inspecting inside I found that the fan of Graphic card was not spinning so I just cleaned its contacts and it started working again. This happened a few times then last week it stopped altogether. I thought the Graphic card is defective. So I connected the monitor to onborad VGA port and started contacting the vendor. Now today I found my Monitor is again not receiving signals. So I opened cabinet and found Graphic card fan have started running. Now I am not sure where is the problem

I said that remove the card from the motherboard and connect the VGA to the onboard connector, it could however be the problem of faulty VGA cable. Is it VGA or DVI?

OP
P

pgmadhav

Broken In
Dear All,

My Desktop config is as follows:

Motherboard: asrock h61m-hg4
Proccessor: I3-3220
Graphic Card:GIGABYTE GV-R7750OC-2GI
RAM: Kingston hyperx blu 4 GB 1600 MHz
1 TB HDD

I bought this PC last year.Since last few months my Monitor doesn't receive signals intermittently. On inspecting inside I found that the fan of Graphic card was not spinning so I just cleaned its contacts and it started working again. This happened a few times then last week it stopped altogether. I thought the Graphic card is defective. So I connected the monitor to onborad VGA port and started contacting the vendor. Now today I found my Monitor is again not receiving signals. So I opened cabinet and found Graphic card fan have started running. Now I am not sure where is the problem

As I said earlier that the fan of Graphic card was not running, so then also should I doubt VGa cable?

Yes, if the fan is not running IR doesn't mean that it has stopped, it may be that fan wasn't even needed in the first place, of you didn't even get signals from onboard GPU then you have cable problem.

Top Bottom