monitor display problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhishek_sharma

Journeyman
i have a crt monitor frm samsung...samtron 45Bn which is more than 4 yrs old.
a few months back my kid bro kept a strong magnet on a table near it which completely screwed up the display. the horizontal part elongated/stretched and now i cant see all of what is on the screen unless i shift the display area using the buttons on the monitor. [the sides r not visible]

there is no such button as degaussing on my monitor.
there is a button which can adjust the horizontal display area by compressing or stretching it, but after the incident that too doesnt work.

though i have now learnt to adjust to such a problematic screen, i wud love to work on my old completely functional monitor again.

the warranty has expired now.
qs: are there spare parts available to fix the problem or is there any hope of getting it to work properly again

phatratt

In the zone
magnet is the worst enemy of CRT,place it near or on the tube and u'r moniter is doomed.It may be able to fix the problem but avaliablity of parts willbe a big concern since its quiet old and in case if u give it for repaires,don't expect immediate delivery those service guys take quiet a long time to fix it.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
There is a manual degause function in this monitor.Press both brightness and contrast buttons at one.

manual

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom