Monitor and Anti Aliasing

Status
Not open for further replies.

midhunmon

Broken In
This might be a stupid question, but is there a relation between aliasing and the CRT monitor. I think i am getting more aliased images in games than it should have to be according to the settings.
For eg; if i take a screenshot of a particularly aliased frame(actual setting is 8X) it looks OK when viewed as a JPEG image, but in the game the same shot is aliased(not much though).
I always got more aliasing on my PC than on my friends PC with the exact same specs and the same game, only the monitor diffs. I initially thought it would be the display adapter but changing it hasen't done so good.
Of late i heared that degaussing a monitor more than once in 30mins damages the monitor.

Beta Waves

Journeyman
You have to degauss when there is any magnetic source close by .... If the monitor is affected by magnetic field for a long time .... you will see circles or semi circles at the corners ... You have to degauss then ...

As far as i know monitor has nothing to do with aliasing ... Aliasing occurs during conversion of digital data back to Analog data .. It is done by DAC in your display adapter(Graphics Card) ... So no connection between monitor and anti aliasing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom