Mom... I magnetized the screen!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sykora

I see right through you.
chesss said:
Sorry but you are a 0 IQ person with zero imagination , and you are gonna have a very sad and boring life.

Don't you think that's a bit harsh? He's being cautious, and there's nothing wrong with that.

eddie

El mooooo
chesss said:
'experiment?? You call bringing a magnet near a monitor an experiment??
First read the thread to the full and then come out with some smart a$$ comments. Don't just come out and blare away like a kid does. Go back in the thread and look at post no. 12 and see what the OP has said about his action. Since the OP himself says that his action was 'experiment', what do you want me to call it?
with serious 'repurcussions'???
He screwed his TV and now planning to screw his monitor. If wasting some expensive electrical item is not serious for you, then either your parents are sh!t rich or they have a Down's child.
eddie were you born with this knowledge that bringing a magnet near a monitor could harm it??
I also didn't know that I will die if I hang myself from neck but I didn't try that as well.
Sorry but you are a 0 IQ person with zero imagination
If not screwing around with my parents' stuff is being a 0 IQ person then I would like to stand by the words I wrote above.
and you are gonna have a very sad and boring life.
Thanks for being the modern day Nostradamus. Also since you are already in prediction mode, when will we get a corruption free government...oh...oh and will India win Cricket World Cup...oh...oh and will I have Samosas in today's lunch? :p

OP
rohan

rohan

In the zone
1. I don't want to harm anything.

2. I didn't know that a magnet could do all that to a tv screen.

3. I'm trying the experiment on my junk monitor which is in my house coz' no other person's gonna buy it (I don't have another CPU... so whaddaya expect me to do with an extra monitor??)

4. My parents are not sh!t rich.

5. Yes, this was an experiment.

6. I know my responsibilities towards my parents, my family and i know what they expect from me. I don't need any guidelines from your side to tell me what i have to do.

7. no.. you're not a 0 IQ person. I seriously thank you for showing the concern (not being sarcastic... truly)

8. One day... i'm gonna earn and i'm not gonna earn by flipping pages of thousand tonne books till they tear apart. I was born an artist and shall die one. Experiments are a part of my creative journey and I shall continue to do them as they help me learn a lot.... I don't find anything 'silly' in them.

9. I have respect for my parent's hardwork and don't tell me that you've never involved urself into anything destructive (in here i believe i wasn't destructive... i was just learning). I'm not spending the money on alcohol or drugs... or doing anything like that.

Last edited:

eddie

El mooooo
rohan said:
8. One day... i'm gonna earn and i'm not gonna earn by flipping pages of thousand tonne books till they tear apart. I was born an artist and shall die one. Experiments are a part of my creative journey and I shall continue to do them as they help me learn a lot.... I don't find anything 'silly' in them.

9. I have respect for my parent's hardwork and don't tell me that you've never involved urself into anything destructive (in here i believe i wasn't destructive... i was just learning). I'm not spending the money on alcohol or drugs... or doing anything like that.
First of all I must say that you talk in much more mature way then someone who is a student of 9th (from your profile) and seems you have a sane head on your shoulders. Congrats on that...

Also its great that you are trying experiments and want to learn things but my dear friend you should not try things that are already known to be harmful. People have already made mistakes and they have written about them in books. If you would have read the manual, it is already said that it will harm your CRTs. We should learn from other's mistakes cos life is not long enough to make all of them ourselves. Anyways, this thread has gone way off topic and if I continue I might get a warning anytime now. So its over for me :)

Best of luck for your future experiments ;)

TechGuru#1

In the zone
+10 2 eddie for a POSITIVE/CONSTRUCTIVE asessment of the situation!!!!!!!
rohan....:lol ur talk & ur tasks! gr8!

champ_rock

champ_rock
keep that magnet on top of the tv.. just switch on the tv when ur mom is there... then pretend as if the tv is going mad.. try to hit ur tv a bit in her front..

and then tell her that u need to call a technician cos the tv is going bonkers :)

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
Since the OP himself says that his action was 'experiment', what do you want me to call it?
Use your head, yes its an experiment, but a tiny tiny one!! A real experiment would probably be something like, opening up the TV, then trying different magnets near it to observe the effect

He screwed his TV and now planning to screw his monitor.
HOW ON EARTH COULD HE HAVE POSSIBLY KNOWN THAT "magnet near TV == "screwing it up" ????

I also didn't know that I will die if I hang myself from neck but I didn't try that as well.
So you are implying you were born with this magnet knowledge :lol:

If not screwing around with my parents' stuff ...
bringing a magnet near a TV == screwing around only for pu$$ies like you. and if all ppl were like you we still would have been living in the stone age.

The whole point is that there is no way he could have known that a magnet could bring those lines permanently. and It is a very very common problem. Secondly the problem is completely fixable, so there is no 'harm' .
will we get a corruption free government
No
will I have Samosas in today's lunch? :p
Not enough data
will India win Cricket World Cup
Most probably not
Any other questions?

OP
rohan

rohan

In the zone
everything's working fine now.. no probs at all...

and yep.. it's a small experiment. very small one.

TechGuru#1 said:
+10 2 eddie for a POSITIVE/CONSTRUCTIVE asessment of the situation!!!!!!!
rohan....:lol ur talk & ur tasks! gr8!

apni to baat hi alag hai... ;)

@eddie: You didn't know you could die from hanging ur neck... try hanging something else for a change :p

And yep.. i have got a sane head on my shoulders... and therefore i've not done many things i've always wanted to do.. which i shall do once I begin earning.

And for samosas in ur lunch... if u get 'em.. give me sum ;)

cyrux

In the zone
eddie said:
Also since you are already in prediction mode, when will we get a corruption free government...oh...oh and will India win Cricket World Cup...oh...oh and will I have Samosas in today's lunch? :p

LoL on that one... is this the same crazy_eddy from TE ?

eddie

El mooooo
chesss said:
Use your head, yes its an experiment, but a tiny tiny one!! A real experiment would probably be something like, opening up the TV, then trying different magnets near it to observe the effect
I can give you a piece of my "head" right now and reply to every point of yours but I have spammed enough and its no use talking to someone who has never heard of something known as manuals. So I will keep shut...and save my self from a permanent or temporary ban :)
rohan said:
And for samosas in ur lunch... if u get 'em.. give me sum
You missed them man...I ate all of them at 2:30 only :p
cyrux said:
LoL on that one... is this the same crazy_eddy from TE ?
Nope...thats not me but I know all eddies are crazy so he must be my clone may be ;)

P.S. To mods: Sorry if I am getting on your nerves guys. Will not do it now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom