Molex to 6pin

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Ya..I am using them. Get the connector which takes 2 Molex inputs, and creates a 6-pin PEG.

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
hmm..but u see some gpu manufacturers bundle single molex to 6 pin -
Sapphire HD 7770 Vapor-X 1 GB Review | techPowerUp
Pure Perfection: Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition OC 2 GB Graphics Card Review - X-bit labs
Sapphire HD 7870 Flex GHz Edition 2 GB Review | techPowerUp
or because they require less power?

Last edited:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
I really do not remember. But there was some logic about spreading the load on the rails, so dual-->one PEG sounded better. What you plan to power with this. Which PSU.

doomgiver

Warframe
DONT use the 1x molex to pcie connector... the modern gpu's dont like the constricted current it supplies.
Its much more safe to use the 2x molex to pcie connector. I was using one on my GTX 260 without any harm.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
DONT use the 1x molex to pcie connector... the modern gpu's dont like the constricted current it supplies.
Its much more safe to use the 2x molex to pcie connector. I was using one on my GTX 260 without any harm.

True, I have been using 2 Molex [using 4 molex as input] converted PEGs on my system. My TX650 only had 2 native PEGs. And for 4890 XFire, I needed four. Those 2 accelerators are power leeches, so the new cards should be fine. But again yea, 2 molex--->1 PEG is better.

Top Bottom