Mobo with onboard graphix for AMD 3200+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bhanu Kiran

Right off the assembly line
I am using ASUS A8N-VM MoBo and having some problems

Hi guys,
I hav recently bought the ASUS A8N-VM mobo. After installing XP SP2, I installed drivers provided with the motherboard. When I tried to run any game which utilised directX, it ran, but displayed garbled video. Tried this for many games and it happened same. Then I installed directX 9.0c hoping it might solve the problem. But no use. I am even unable to play videos in Windows Media Player. I went to control panel > add/remove problems > NVIDIA drivers, and uninstalled only the display driver. Now I am able to play movies but my games say I don't have 3D acceleration.
In first case (when I had drivers), DxDiag gave negative results 4 directdraw and direct3D. In second case, it just said 'disabled'.
I can't understand what my problem is. Can anyone out there help me please?

Kniwor

Learner
DJ AmaZe said:
i'm now totally confused whether to go for the MSI RS 482 M2 IL or the Gigabyte GA-K8N51GMF-9 ..
i've ruled out the Asus motherboard somehow...

any suggestions.. ??
I'd suggest the one bewlow, i believe it is better than any of the 2

*www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_detail.php?UID=702

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
go for GIGABYTE BOARD WITH 6100 + 430 COMBINATION .. i have done a lot of research and reading regarding this chipset based mobos .. gone through all of big three .. ASUS , GIGABYTE AND MSI .. the best one is GIGABYTE MOBO BASED ON 6150 +430 .. as it has onboard hdtv tv out port .. which i think is more useful than the dvi connector other are providing .. .. so try finding 6150 chipset first .if not then go for 6100 chipset based gigabyte mobo .. only difference is tv out port ..

both have 2 pata , 4 sata 2 with raid 0,1,0+1,5 , 1394 a firewire port , alc 880 hd sound codec , gigabit lan ..

so my vote goes for gigabyte based mobo for this chipsets right now ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom