mobo + proc + ram + hdd + gpu + cab for 13-15k??

masterkd

Padawan
Re: mobo+proc+ram+hdd+gpu+cab for 13-15k??

get ide to sata converter..doesn't cost much!!

OP
bhushan2k

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes

^^ohh that's gr8...didn't know about that converter...i can connect both ide hdd to sata then...thanx mate...

What about existing 14" crt monitor?? Do i need to upgrade to compatible motherboard?? Will monitor's resolution match with gfx's resolution??

mkumar

Broken In

Sorry to enter in this thread! I also wanted the same config. as "bhushan05d251" has asked for n the requirement is also same. As u people sujestd. i am going for the fallowing config.
Phenom II 955 BE @6.7k
Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H ( i have doubt its avlblity in B`lore)
Corsair Value 2*2GB DDR3 1333MHz @2.2k
WD/seagate 500GB ( already purchased for 2100/- 32 mb. buffer)
Bijli cabinet ( hav 2 chk. d avlblty. in B`lore)
FSP saga II 500W @2.2k
I have qn. regerdg. GFX i. e can i add a card at later? if so which one?
Also i have Viewsonic 22" led

Sorry to enter in this thread as i dont want to start a new. B`cause i saw "bhushan05d251" thread n felt that i needed the same thing.
Thx.

OP
bhushan2k

bhushan2k

^^ hey how dare u to enter in my thread?? Huh?? This is strictly prohibited..i have own this thread and copyrighted with my name..it's my registered trademark..:D

Bindass yaar..all thread are opened to all..:)

GA-880GM-UD2H is not available...

mkumar

Broken In

Happy Holi:grin:
I chkd. d Asus MoBo it is costing around 6000 + any other suggestions?
Can any body suggest a cab as Bijli is not avlbl. ( i hope Zebronics will bring Munni brand cab. as it has entered Guinness World records:lol:)
Happy Holy to u all

OP
bhushan2k

bhushan2k

Happy Holi:grin:
I chkd. d Asus MoBo it is costing around 6000 + any other suggestions?
Can any body suggest a cab as Bijli is not avlbl. ( i hope Zebronics will bring Munni brand cab. as it has entered Guinness World records:lol:)
Happy Holy to u all

Same to u
Have u checked the model properly?? Asus has many models based on 880G/SB850 chipset
m4a88 td-m
m4a88 td-m/usb3
m4a88 td-m evo/usb3
m4a88 td-v evo
m4a88 td-v evo/usb3

have one question...as had mentioned earlier, i have intex 400w psu which had bought couple of months ago..which is cheap and not as good as others like fsp, cooler master or corsair..if i buy one good and branded spikeguard (around 500 i guess) with all features like surge protection...and kept old psu as remained then will it take load of new system?? I can save 1 to 1.5k...what say?? I will buy new psu later when i will decide to take gpu..

masterkd

Padawan

spikegaurd will only filter spikes(that is too with the limitations of the spikegaurd)..but it will not provide clean power and moreover efficiency is not good too, means more power loss..risks will be more prominent once you add a graphics card(this doesn't mean your rig is risk free without power hungry components)..IMO psu is the most important component of a rig which we neglect..get a good psu mate..worths it+safe and secure!!

Piyush

Lanaya

MSI 880gma e45 @ 5.2k

OP
bhushan2k

bhushan2k

^^ integrated graphics of processor or motherboard always have limitations..for gaming rig u have to have dedicated gpu..

Btw, m delaying my upgrade..planning to take in june after exam...otherwise i will sit on new pc like hell...m getting lot of knowledge from u all experts..however this thread will remain open..hope i will extend budget lil bit more around 20-23k..saving money from now on..:D and might take sandybridge..:D

Akshay.live

Broken In

You may as well save a lil' more and look at the Bulldozer when it hits the stores in late Q3 or early Q4..

mkumar

Broken In

S Bhushan i hav chkd. its the same MoBo as mentioned
Guys i am stuck here with no option but to buy Asus MoBo, Can any body sugest me any other MoBo with cabbinet (not CM elite). Gigabyte MoBo is not avlble. Asus is costing around 6.700/.

Piyush

Lanaya

look for ECS mobo of 880g series if available
it night not be available in shops but u can try your luck online

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

OP,
why should you spend 6.6k on a mobo, when a mobo at 5k can satisfy ur needs.
Go, with Piyush's config.
It's not the way it goes.

MSI 880GMA-E45 has SATA3 6gbps and USB 3.0 but imho it is a poor quality board with sub-standard MOSFETs. I'll prefer bundling it only with Athlons rather than Phenoms. Heck, I'd also prefer going for Gigabyte 880GM-UD2H over it without SATA3 and USB 3.0.

Asus motherboards are better in this case and it is worth to spend 1k more on them.

Lastly, I'm not going to repeat this:

Gigabyte 880GMA-UD2H is NOT available anywhere. Please stop suggesting it and cause confusion.

mkumar

Broken In
Guys can u give me exact Phenom procsr no. as i am buying it in local shop, its urgent as i hav to buy it before end of this week. Help also needed reg. MoBo

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Guys can u give me exact Phenom procsr no. as i am buying it in local shop, its urgent as i hav to buy it before end of this week. Help also needed reg. MoBo
which one do you want to buy?

Athlon II X4 640 @ 4.6k
Phenom II X4 945 @ 6k
Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 6.6k
Phenom II X4 965 BE @ 7.4k
Phenom II X6 1055T @ 8.2k

Motherboards:

Gigabyte 880GM-UD2H @ 4.1k [has IGP, no SATA3 6gbps, no USB 3.0]
Asus M4A87TD USB3 @ 5.7k [no IGP, has SATA3 6gbps, has USB 3.0] <-- you'll have to buy a graphics card with this
Asus M4A88TD-M EVO/USB3 @ 6.2k [has IGP, has SATA3 6gbps, has USB 3.0 through a PCIe 1x card]
Asus M4A88T-M/USB3 @ 6.5k [has IGP, has SATA3 6gbps, has USB 3.0]

Disclaimer: Prices might vary at your place and I have no information about availability at your place.

mkumar

Broken In
I`ll go with
Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 6.6k
Gigabyte MoBo is not avlble. I`ll go with Asus but dont hav idea reg Models.
which PSU should i buy?
Bijli cab not avlble

Piyush

Lanaya
post your full configuration except PSU and Cabby
then we'll decide the PSU for you

OP
bhushan2k

bhushan2k

don't know about other motherboards but asus' mobos have gr8 build..they have hybride crossfire support as well from which u will have an added advantage of combining IGP with dedicated graphics to boost ur gaming performance..asus is well known to introduce innovative design everytime

@mkumar spend 1k if u can n get asus mobo..worth it..

You may as well save a lil' more and look at the Bulldozer when it hits the stores in late Q3 or early Q4..
Ya even for Ivybridge for the next year too..:D just delaying coz of exam re..

which PSU should i buy?

If u are going to buy gpu then go for fsp saga II 500w for 2.1k...or fsp saga II 350w for 1.5k will be enough for ur needs..

mkumar

Broken In
post your full configuration except PSU and Cabby
then we'll decide the PSU for you
I was going to Buy Phenom II 955 BE as per the advise n going to buy Gigabyte MoBo but that was not avlbl. so i asked u reg. MoBo n PSU