mobo and cpu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sourabh

Laptoping
well u can get a nforce 2 motherboard with a sempron processor and enjoy with the onboard graphics

but tht wod be a 32 bit system

if u increase ur budget by another 2-3k u can get a 64 bit system which wod be future-proof

search the forums, there are many post related to this

Sourabh

Laptoping
hey blade , well i just quoted a lil high price coz everyone doesnt live in mumbai

and also the MSI k8mm-ilsr doesnt have onboard video and he wanted tht

now tht means he doesnt have a agp gfx card

so tht wod cost abt 2.5k for the fx5200

so i told 2-3k more

hope u din mind :)

Decius

Broken In
AMD64 2800+ with Gigabyte mobo (Via chipset) wud be under 10 K and gigabyte board has onboard graphics, sound, n LAN

krishnathelord

In the zone
buy AMD 64 2800+ with asrock combo mobo, which has 128 on board grafic card, 2 cpu ports 754 and 939,for less than 10K

sounds cool

pm me :lol:

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Sourabh has a point in that not everyone has access to Lamington Road prices and choices. E.g., I live >500 km as the crow flies from the nearest metro.

But the K8MM-ILSR does have onboard graphics. I've used two of them and they seem to be good economical mobos except that they don't have Gigabit LAN which may not be important to a lot of users. The S3 Unichrome graphics is no great shakes but OK for most things except serious gaming.

An nForce 2 mobo with onboard gfx such as a Krypton C18G-400 offers much better graphics than anything currently available for S754 A64. Paired with a Sempron or, better still if you can still get it, an Athlon XP 2600+, offers very good performance for about 9k.

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
In case you are interested i am trying to sell my one and half year old asus p4800-vm along with p4 2.4 HT cpu for the price as to what you have in mind.

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
Sourabh said:
hey blade , well i just quoted a lil high price coz everyone doesnt live in mumbai

so i told 2-3k more

Sourabh stop taking chip that seriously :p. The k8mm ilsr has onboard VIA UniChrome gfxs. Although the k8vx doesnt have it it was just a suggestion ;)
There is also a gigabyte k8s670m with onboard SiS Mirage 2 gfx.

Although like pimpom said these are a strict no-no for gaming.

Sourabh

Laptoping
aaargh..!!! i glanced ththru the whole onboard video line in AMD and all were NONE except MSI RS480

so now wht is AGENT_SMITH planning..

krishnathelord

In the zone
blade_runner said:
Sourabh said:

so i told 2-3k more

Sourabh stop taking chip that seriously :p. The k8mm ilsr has onboard VIA UniChrome gfxs. Although the k8vx doesnt have it it was just a suggestion ;)

currently almost all the mobo bases on 754 amd 64 bit pro. are upgrading their mobo to include on board graphic
but if u see their secs a month back u would find that they said that thiere is no onboard graphic.
this was done to woo the section of the gamers who any way use agp cards so they figured it then why to increase the cost of mobo for the component which is useless.

but they were proved wrong as in no time this mobo where booed by the indian buyers who are very price consisious and belives in marginal utility
concept.
:roll: :lol:

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
krishnathelord said:
blade_runner said:
Sourabh said:

so i told 2-3k more

currently almost all the mobo bases on 754 amd 64 bit pro. are upgrading their mobo to include on board graphic
but if u see their secs a month back u would find that they said that thiere is no onboard graphic.
this was done to woo the section of the gamers who any way use agp cards so they figured it then why to increase the cost of mobo for the component which is useless.

but they were proved wrong as in no time this mobo where booed by the indian buyers who are very price consisious and belives in marginal utility
concept.
:roll: :lol:
Well the K8mm and K8S760M have been available since a long time now. Its Ati with its express200 chipset thats gonna give the others some serious competition. Also Nvidia might have something up its sleeves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom