Mobile wanted : 15 - 16K

Status
Not open for further replies.

pickster

Professional Layabout.
I want a mobile of around 15,000 to 16,000. I have seen the following mobiles and liked them :
Nokia N81, 6110, N73ME, 6500 slide.
Not that I am a Nokia-biased person, but I didnt have time to check out other brands. Any suggestions will be deeply appreciated.
Another thing I dont understand is the Navigation funda in 6110. A person at NPD told me that it was free for one year, but after that I would have to pay for it. All the while the brochure tells me that it free for ever. [Not taking about A-GPS here] and the person at The Mobile Sotre tells me that I would have to buy the navigation thing in USD by my credit card. WTH.
Does the megapixel difference between N81/6110 and 6500 make much of a difference?
PS. Although the N81 is not exactly within my budget, I may be able to buy it if it proves its worth. [its retailing around 16,889 at The Mobile Store].

Pardon me if there exists another thread of the same type. I started a new one because i was unable to find another having the same contents.

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
N81 is very good if you prefer to play games on mobile cos it has a good 3d chip so games will rock....

but realistically you can buy a N73ME or SE K810i

Also I dont prefer symbian based phones cos its darn slow (its my personal opinion) but if you do have need for a smartphone they are great with lots of apps

that 6110 funda can only be the GPS subscription.. I dont think anyone except mapmyindia.com offers that in India...

and I would pass over the 6500.. :D

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
that 6110 funda can only be the GPS subscription.. I dont think anyone except mapmyindia.com offers that in India...

u can easily use Google Maps or Yahoo maps with the internal GPS receiver.u'll find detailed amps of most Indian cities.
afaik mapmyindia.com doesnt provide any mobile apps to make use of the internal gps receiver.

@pickster i wud suggest N73 ME in ur budget.i've used the fone and its a gr8 fone.if u can inc ur budget to 21k then get the N82.

2kewl

Sangeet Premi
6500 Slide is a nice, solid phone. If you don't really care much for S60, that would be good buy.

"Does the megapixel difference between N81/6110 and 6500 make much of a difference?"

Not only the MP factor, but 6500 has the best cam among them all..by far

On other choices, You might wanna check out the 5MP Samsung G600. Don't know much of it but you can check it out. It costs abt 17K

OP
pickster

pickster

Professional Layabout.
Regarding N81 : I really don't want to play many games on the mobile.

Regarding 6110 : Keeping aside the GPS functionality, how is the phone?

It would be better if the phone is Symbian based. But, its not the deciding factor. I would like the occasional document viewer and stuff.

@DigitalDude : 6500 is not good you say.. why?
@hellgate : 21K is just a little too much for me.
@2kewl : I check out the Samsung G600. But, how is the build quality, etc?

apacheman

Journeyman
Samsung G600 is certainly the way to go.
its gotta 5MP Cam, VGA video, fm radio with radio recording, tv-out n other loads of features.
u wanna know know the build quality , its superb, splendid..made of steel.
its cam is better than N95-8GB.
*www.gsmarena.com/samsung_g600-review-187.php
*www.phonearena.com/htmls/GSM-Cameraphone-Comparison-Q4-2007-review-r_1889-p_2.html

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
sorry I didnt mean 'Its not good'... I'm more a fan of candybar style phones so basically I dont like sliders, clamshells et al... Thats why I said I'll pass over.. meaning I dont have anything to say :D

sandeepkochhar

In the zone
6300 pardon......Its way lower than your budget...Good phone nevertheless....I think u are asking about 6500.....Good one but looks wise I still like 6300 more even though its cam is crappy, battery is rubbish,....But Steel wins me..

just go with g600
it is around 17k
but it is the best in the above listed phones
it has excellent 5 mega pixel camera and other many good features
check more details about this phone here

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
the 6110 rocks. I had the chance of using the n81 and 6110 as well as n82. The n81 feels kinda plasticky but the 6110 feels absolutely great to use. Screen and music were brilliant as well. And it does not lag or anything ....

mayneu

Journeyman
have a look at this piece before u buy a new phone....
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78777

OP
pickster

pickster

Professional Layabout.
oh i am sorry... i meant 6500 slide instead of 6300 in that previous post. My bad.
I know about HTC touch.. just didnt know it was available for 17K. I will definitely check it out... any idea where will it be available in CP? But, isint the touch a bit bulky or it just seems so in the pictures?
btw, how much does the k810i cost? it seems as a nice enough phone.

Last edited:
k810i for what
it has nothing special except 3g or design better go with k790i much cheaper
n81 has good audio quality and gaming features
its much reliable than k810i
*www.gsmarena.com/nokia_n81-2084.php
never get n73 or me very slow phones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom