mobile software update via bluetooth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sridhar_Rao

In the zone
I have sony erricsom z550i without a usb cable, a dell laptop with no bluetooth service. I have purchased an usb bluetooth dongle and now my mobile and laptop can communicate. I have a broadband internet connection. Can i update the software in my mobile with this setup, if yes, how?

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
in SE phone you haf an option under settings menu which gives you the option of updating the firmware over the air thru gprs. but be warned that the firmware is a large download of abt 20mb (when speaking in the context of gprs). it does everything automatically.

if u haf the dcu-60 cable then SE ppl can download this software:
sony ericsson update service: *www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=gb..._1_3_1_1&zone=ps&lm=ps1_1&pid=10242&fid=21839

and run it. follow the instructions on screen and it'll update the firmware. take a backup first.

i think the second method may apply to nokia phone. nokia suite must haf a similar option.

OP
Sridhar_Rao

Sridhar_Rao

In the zone
guess what, I got gprs enabled on my mobile and was about to update the software. Buying an additional cable when I have bluetooth did not appeal to me. Sony ericsson has a pc suite application (20 odd MB) that I downloaded on my system and can communicate effectively with mobile over bluetooth. But I can't use it to update software. However, using GPRS I tried updating, but fortunately there were no updates available. Thank god I did not do that, several odd MB would take hours to download and would cost me hell. Thank you guys anyway.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
well its always good to know the firmware of ur phone. press these keys: >*<<*<*

(> = d-pad right, < = dpad left)
the firmware version will be available in software section. hunt on the net for new firmware. match and only then update if required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom