Mobile phone tracing? - please reply.

Hello,
to all of you.
I want to know some things about Mobile Phone, I hope You understand this question and I'll get replies.actually, my friend has found a new Grand 2 Mobile phone still packed in box on road, I know it seems weird but "its true", and He tried to search the owner of the Phone but he got no clue, that is just a Grand 2 packed nothing else, no bill, no address, nothing, and he is little nervous that's why he doesn't want to inform about this to some P.Station (you know India Polise), so he decided to start using this device, but before that he wants to clear some things, he doesnt want to be in a some kind of mess, so please reply,

1.If we don't put sim card in Mobile, then Are Mobile Operator or Mobile Manufacture able to trace the Mobile or not?

2.Is it possible to change the IMEI number of the Mobile, If yes then Can you tell me How? or tell me the link on web?

3.Because Nothing is set up on phone till now, as I told this is packed, if we put sim card in Mobile is there any possibility by which the mobile can be traced?

Thank You.
GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
1. Exact location, no unless they get a search/find warrant.
2. no, don't try unless you want to render the phone useless
3. same as 1. Unless the owner is desperate, has the bill and wants the phone back, then he may file a report in police station.

IMO, try to contact nearby shops where you found the phone and return it to the owner.

Last edited:

Deadman

Journeyman
Almost a year ago i had my s4 traced. If you use the phone with sim and location setting enabled then it could be easily traced. Although it is difficult to register an fir for a lost phone.
Anyways risking to use a grand 2 phone is not worth.

REDHOTIRON2004

Journeyman
Throw the phone as far as you can away from your house. Forget that you ever found a phone.
Don't ever reveal to anyone what you did. And remember never ever look back... :)

rish1

Cyborg Agent
why don't you mail it to samsung india sales department ? with imei number they can tell to which retailer/stockist was this phone shipped .. they'll forward you retailer's number .. call him and ask for the owners number .. most likely he will have it , in case he does not then you can inform samsung india ( so that retailer does not use it personally ) about it and deposit it with the retailer..

if you want to use or sell it.. well then good luck, it's your risk ..

Last edited:
A

amit.tiger12

If you are hardware repairer, then you can use this hardware (camera, antenna etc..) for another phone, or just sell it in parts.

Be loyal and return it to owner, instead of Samsung shop.. :)
Don't forget to ask for reward. ;)

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
The phone box might have fallen from the cargo truck or by some courier delivery thing :-D
until & unless any complain is lodged your friend can use it.

rdx_halo

In the zone
Hello,
to all of you.
I want to know some things about Mobile Phone, I hope You understand this question and I'll get replies.actually, my friend has found a new Grand 2 Mobile phone still packed in box on road, I know it seems weird but "its true", and He tried to search the owner of the Phone but he got no clue, that is just a Grand 2 packed nothing else, no bill, no address, nothing, and he is little nervous that's why he doesn't want to inform about this to some P.Station (you know India Polise), so he decided to start using this device, but before that he wants to clear some things, he doesnt want to be in a some kind of mess, so please reply,

1.If we don't put sim card in Mobile, then Are Mobile Operator or Mobile Manufacture able to trace the Mobile or not?

2.Is it possible to change the IMEI number of the Mobile, If yes then Can you tell me How? or tell me the link on web?

3.Because Nothing is set up on phone till now, as I told this is packed, if we put sim card in Mobile is there any possibility by which the mobile can be traced?

Thank You.
GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

I think you are a hell of a liar and trying to use a new stolen phone. Just ask yourself are you better person than Indian politicians ? If you think yes, then return the phone otherwise go ahead and use it. :-D

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?

Thank You.
GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

2. It is possible to change the IMEI number. Send the mobile to me, I will change it for you.

Top Bottom