Mobile orkut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sumeet_naik

It doesn't matter!
Hi everybody. I normally used to browse orkut on my sony ericsson k530i using opera 4.1. But as of today, google have introduced mobile version of orkut. Its pretty stripped down version of orkut with no eye-candy such as community, testimonials, messages etc not being supported. But i was able to browse these all in the normal version of orkut. Now i can't seem to go back to original normal version of orkut and am redirected to mobile version, which i don't like. I've tried a few things but to no avail. Does anyone know how to access normal version of orkut by bypassing the mobile version.
Hope to get answers from you guys. Thank you.

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Yeah .. On my cell, If I surf using Opera I get Mobile version .. But if I surf using Webkit then the default version opens allright ..

OP
Sumeet_naik

Sumeet_naik

It doesn't matter!
Thx for replying and da link..and ya i did google it to find few things such as debian webkit and other web development kit. And wudn't have asked if i knew wat i was searching exactly..

Thx for your help and link. Unfortunately webkit is for s60.. Still i got a java app named teashark which is doing the job perfectly.. Its supposed to be a java variant of webkit. So thx for the valuable piece of info.

Last edited:
OP
Sumeet_naik

Sumeet_naik

It doesn't matter!
Google and orkut both happen to load normal versions on teashark.. Opera on other hand loads both in mobile version.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Saw it in train last night, good move by orkut. Opening desktop like pages used to take lots of bandwidth, at least now any more

OP
Sumeet_naik

Sumeet_naik

It doesn't matter!
Ya... Wud have been gr8 if it was done before wen there wer no powerful browser like opera mini and teashark. Now its just sad for ppl who have access to such browser on their phone. For other low-end cell-phone users though its pretty good.

Is thr Anybody who doesn't need mobile orkut on their cell phone and want to browse the normal version of orkut?

Last edited:

wickedbravo

Right off the assembly line
Re: Mobile orkut guys plzz need ur help

guys ....i m using nokia 6600 ,just like you even i m facing tht problem of orkut mobile..even i use to surf orkut throught opera mini 4.1..
i downloaded and installed teashark.it got installed but isnt working on my cell when i open it my cell phone just hangs showing a white screen

now how will i be able to access the orkut version i m too used to plzz help me..

OP
Sumeet_naik

Sumeet_naik

It doesn't matter!
Well here is wat u can do.. Login into da mobile version. .
In home at da very bottom thr is a help link.. Click on it.
You will be given 5 different links.. Select anyone ... In da next page thr is a option named 'contact us'. Click on it.. Then in next page select the option named 'remove transcoded page' and just fill in da form.. It takes a day or 2 for da mobile version to be deactivated...

wickedbravo

buddy got tht ucweb,evn hav netfrnt..but like they say aish mein jeene ki aadat hogyi lolz,man onttht opera mini orkut use to function so well tht everythng else looks cheap in frnt of it,rite nw i hv a bettr option thn ucweb,i m loging in orkut thru tspace..

i m jst hoping tht sumeet bhai's idea wrks 4 me..coz tht wud b awesum..sumeet bhai thnx so much bro..hope the plan wrks .n plz keep advicing me thru ur grt knowledge..i'll b frequently chcking updates in dis forum.

i m jst hoping tht sumeet bhai's idea wrks 4 me..coz tht wud b awesum..sumeet bhai thnx so much bro..hope the plan wrks .n plz keep advicing me thru ur grt knowledge..i'll b frequently chcking updates in dis forum.

Last edited:
OP
Sumeet_naik

Sumeet_naik

It doesn't matter!
Man. .thx .. Its gonna take time.. But i guess it should be fine by another day.. Ucweb wont work.. Teashark and webkit are only ones that work..since urs is a 6600 why don't u try tat once.. Link is given above..

wickedbravo

sumeet bro..tht webkit is headche,wnt ther it gave me 3 webkit options 1 of arnd 25 mb, 1 of arnd 15 mb n 1 of 9 mb,i downloaded 9 mb,only 2 get a zipped file in wich ther was a folder containing 1 000 files

OP
Sumeet_naik

Sumeet_naik

It doesn't matter!
Well its not da one for symbian then..da ones for symbian will be of 1mb atmost.. Lemme search.. I didn't download da one given above, since it was symbian .. Wat bout da orkut itself? Isn't it back to normal??

Maverick340

Ambassador of Buzz
I used to get a 'switch to normal version' option before on opera mini 4.1
That went away few days ago - then i sued to point opera 4.1 to *opera.com instead of m.orkut.com. the normal page would open. But im trying ti now and the frikkin 'Bad bad server; message is showing ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom