Mobile Network Plans.

gowtham

Journeyman
Just one small question. What is the cheapest STD mobile plan that I can get (can be CDMA/GSM) I already have a reliance CDMA phone (Re.1/3mins) If I required I can buy two new handsets/ SIMs as well!

I have done some research and found a small solution. I will buy two sims from a provider who gives local to local calls free for the lowest price. I keep one and send the other one to AP after activating free incoming while roaming service. Will this work??

Thanks a ton in advance.

Before I forget, hats off to you guys. I havent seen a more active forum than this one. And you all are so helpful!

P.S.Please dont suggest that I simply use chat/VOIP. Its simple not possible right now. Thanks again.

Last edited:

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
I have an alternate solution. I hope you have a PC with Internet at home.
Buy a smartphone, the cheapest one I think is 5233. Get an airtel connection. recharge for Rs. 98. Use fring on your phone and google talk on your home's PC (or fring itself if someone has a smartphone at your home) to talk through GPRS. It really works, I do this with my brother who stays away. Apart from the data charges or GPRS pack you'll have to pay nothing at all. Only drawback is, if GPRS is not fast enough, there might be some delay in the voice (but airtel GPRS is fast enough for voice conversations). Also, you'll have to tell the people to come online before starting a conversation.

OP
gowtham

gowtham

Journeyman
Thanks for replying, I think I found the best one. Its Reliance cdma unlimited std for 599/month. Thanks again.

Dark Core

Freak Beta 1
I have an alternate solution. I hope you have a PC with Internet at home.
Buy a smartphone, the cheapest one I think is 5233. Get an airtel connection. recharge for Rs. 98. Use fring on your phone and google talk on your home's PC (or fring itself if someone has a smartphone at your home) to talk through GPRS. It really works, I do this with my brother who stays away. Apart from the data charges or GPRS pack you'll have to pay nothing at all. Only drawback is, if GPRS is not fast enough, there might be some delay in the voice (but airtel GPRS is fast enough for voice conversations). Also, you'll have to tell the people to come online before starting a conversation.

Ths s de best tng to Opt fr, IMO :mrgreen:

Top Bottom