Mobile Gurus: plz answer this..

Status
Not open for further replies.

panacea_amc

CBZ is better than Pulsar
i own a SE w550. i also own a transcend mp3 player.
suppose i connect my cell thru a data cable to my mp3 playr with a data cable thru a USB port slot, then wil it b possible to acces my mp3 playr thru my fone?
weird idea, but is this possible?!

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Of course not! Neither device will have drivers to support data transfer/access to the other device. These devices can communicate with the PC only because of the drivers. If the drivers were not installed, even the PC won't support these devices. What chance does a phone have then?
Also neither of these devices are made to access data of other device. Their own data is supposed to be accessed, with the help of a PC with proper drivers.

And where were you hoping to get a data cable with a Fast-Port connector at one end and a mini-USB port at the other end? :p

OP
panacea_amc

panacea_amc

necessity is the mother of invention. thats wat i m trying! there must b sumway out.
anyways, thanks for ur valuable info.
anx

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
necessity is the mother of invention. thats wat i m trying! there must b sumway out.
anyways, thanks for ur valuable info.
anx
Only with some uber-hacking will the W550i be capable of communicating with the Transcend player. Even if that was made possible, where exactly will the files on the player appear on the phone, the File Explorer? Not likely. So there has to be special app written for the phone which can display the files on the player. But since W550i cannot support additional apps (and a Java app most probably won't do) that is not possible as well. If at all it was possible, it would only be on a smartphone like those running on the Symbian or Windows Mobile platform. Some hacking and an app written to display the files might do the trick. Not to mention the cable would require some hacking too.

Of course I may be wrong about this whole thing. So if any SE hackers happen to come here then please shed some light on the matter. :)

OP
panacea_amc

panacea_amc

ok..there u r getting my point.
think..in cellfones, we can introduce new memory cards n transfer data ovr dere...no driver files reqd..no extra proggys reqd. just a file explorer does d work.
same is d case here. think about hooking d mp3 playr in place of the mem cards..d answr lies here. but how to do it is the questn.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
I think the very fact that it hasn't been done yet means it cannot be done. Simple. :D

roxysmile

Just a techno junkie
well i wish u good luck , as if u suc-seed :smile: it will surely help me.

any ways my reply to ur question - well as krazzy said nearly impossible .

but if u r a hardware and software pro hacker , there is a chance.
reason - incompatibility . and to make them compatible u have to first register the devices into each other's driver.

who told u that a memory card doesn't need a driver to be recognised ???
it do needs driver that is build-in to the phone's firmware , without it the MC will not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom