Mobile for upto Rs 5000

anarchy0x

In the zone
EDIT: have reduced the budget to 3.5K, sorry.
Current mobile isn't working and I need a mobile mainly for...well making calls and listening to music, some decent internet access would also be good though. As the below questions will point out, I am pretty ignorant technology wise. Mostly, i have access to a PC hence I am not crazy about the new/advanced hi-tech features, although that can also be attributed to the lack of budget. But I would like to have as much as possible for 3.5K

1. Budget?
3.5K, maybe streched a bit if really necessary

2. Display type and size?
Not 'crazy' about any Display size but shouldn't be 'too less'

3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?
Anything will do

4. Preferred choice of brand?
Considering price for money, I am thinking of Micromax

5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type).
open to both QWERTY, touchscreen, tocuh-n-type

6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.
Not crazy about this one too

7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
Android(um, coz everyone says it's better)

8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly.
Something stable and cheap, which doesn't remind of the dark days of dial-up connection

9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?
Dunno

10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?
Um making calls and internet

11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
Thought of Micromax A37 bolt but has expandable memory only upto 16 GB
Lava Iris 349 has expandable memory upto 32 GB so I would prefer it over Micromax
*www.homeshop18.com/nugen-and1-android-mobile-phone/mobiles/mobiles/product:30370078/cid:3027

12. Any other info that you want to share
expandable memory upto 32GB and speed/RAM should be good. RAM should be 256 MB at least, I was hoping for 512 MB but I guess it would be too much to ask for at Rs 3500.

Last edited:

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Boyy leave MMX and get Galaxy Y for 5.5K better than mmx in terms of reliability and brand name

IIRC, Galaxy Y has QVGA resolution and less RAM. It's better to aboid it at any cost.

@OP: MMX?? Are you sure? Better get some decent feature phone. Wait for Asha 501 and 210. If you can't wait get a Asha 302 or 311

Top Bottom