Mobile can be blocked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaushal Hiwarkar

Be Healthy, Keep Smiling
I have heard that one can lock its own mobile through Internet. Is that possible ? If yes then it will be very beneficial in case one has lost his handset.

If any body know how one lock its handset plz reply.

Sparsh007

Formerly Spashy
its not thru intrnet its thru ur service provider u have to have ur IMEI number which u get by pressing *#06#
Give it to yr service provider
btw if u alrdy have lost yr mob chk yr mobile Box for the IMEI number
:)

janitha

Wise Old Owl
First file a complaint (FIR) with police and report to the service provider with copy of the FIR and IMEI no. If the phone is operating even with a different SIM card, it is possible for the service provider to know under which cell/tower it is working. Though rare, there have been instances of phones recovered this way.

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
buddy.....could u pls explain this process briefly.........
i am new to this topic...........

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
ax3 said:
bt 4 the above process u need 2 have a POLICE NOC ie complaint with p .....

else sp wont accept ur request ............ not easy task & nobody`s interested just incase u happen 2 b a celeb or politician`s relative ........ might get it in min ......

or just forget abt it ......... i have lost 2 hone still no trace of them .........

I agree completely with you.
Recently some newspaper covered a story of a politican's son loosing mobile & getting it within hours.
In most cases the common man will not get his lost cell.:(

DizitalNovice

I don't want IT
I agree! I lost my Cell. I filed an FIR and reported to the Cellone Service Provider in Kolkata wid the copy of the FIR, but they said, first of all since my phone is not a very costly one they cud not spare their precious time for every common man and secondly even if they block the mob phn the guy who stole it wud be able 2 unblock it by paying 50 rupees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom