MMC Problem IN 6600

Status
Not open for further replies.

DB

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

Is there any way to backup all messages as well from the mmc to the pc using any softwares?

Thanks,
DB :D

abhinav

Journeyman
You can do this if u have a MMC card reader.Now just copy the Mail folder under the System folder which is hidden.So first allow windows to see the hidden files.Then MAIL folder---copy---it.
Also there is a software that i use to copy them from MMC to Mobile space and vice versa.......................... :wink:

OP
D

DB

Hi,

Thanks Guys.. I did get Oxygen ph manager and tried to with MMC reader as well..Not much success though..
1.With a card reader if I just copy the file which you say then I have all the messages?Can I read those on the pc?
2. If I use Oxygen ph Manager..I see all contacts info and am able to save that but no messages..Why?

Please advice.
Thanks

abhinav

Journeyman
well to read those messeges u need a software named............$%&^@ cant remember so will search and tell u and abt oxy ph manager u need a data cabl connected to your cell which is not possible on 6600 and if u have a bluetooth dongle then work with oxy ph manager

chinmay

Journeyman
jus get a bluetooth dongle and install nokia pc suite suppied with ur phone n as soon as u will open suite for da first time u'll be asked for backing up...oxygen phone manager is a paid software so for pc suite as it is the best...btw abhinav u can connect 6600 to comp thru the datacable u get for phones like nokia 3315 with some patch(or may b it is crack) in the software supplied...first u need to open battery..connect cable n then put the battery again...a tutorial was given 1ce in digit also(for 3315 n not 6600)

OP
D

DB

thanks all of you.I have blutooth on my pc as well as a card reader.I copied the entire mmc contents and did a cd write so is that enough?
Also although I was able to get messages via the oxy ph manager I was not able to save thme in 1 go.Why?

Will wait for the program to read sms from abhinav..

thanks

chinmay

Journeyman
DB didn't u get nokia pc suite with ur phone...if u dint u can download it from nokia.com...pc suite will back up ur messages n every data very properly...oxygen phone is a trial software...n then when u hv bluetooth then whats the prob...jus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom