theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Minecraft is a sandbox-building[2][3] independent video game written in Java originally by Swedish creator Markus "Notch" Persson and now by his company, Mojang.
Minecraft is focused on creativity and building, allowing players to build constructions out of textured cubes in a 3D world. Gameplay in its commercial release has two principal modes: Survival, which requires players to acquire resources themselves and maintain their health and hunger; and Creative, where the player has an unlimited supply of resources, the ability to fly, and no concept of health or hunger. A third gameplay mode, named Hardcore, is essentially the same as Survival, but the difficulty is locked on the hardest setting and respawning is disabled, forcing the player to delete his or her world upon death. An outdated Classic version is also available for free, although it is no longer being developed. Creative Minecraft resembles Classic, but with many more features.
Gameplay

Survival
In this mode, the player has a health bar which is depleted by attacks from monsters, falls, or environmental damage, such as drowning or falling into lava. The player also has a hunger bar, which must be periodically refilled by eating various food (porkchops, bread, etc.) in-game. Armor can help mitigate damage from mob attacks, while weapons can be used to kill enemies and other animals. Health replenishes when the player has a full hunger bar or by playing on the easiest difficulty, where the health bar regenerates by itself. Upon dying, items in the player's inventory are dropped and the player is respawned at current spawn point, which by default is where the player started, but can be set by sleeping in in-game beds. The items can be recovered if reached before they despawn.
The player can acquire different resources and craft tools, weapons, armor, food, and various other items. By acquiring better resources, the player can make more effective items. For example, tools such as axes, shovels, or pickaxes, can be used to chop down trees, dig soil, and mine ores respectively, and tools made out of better resources (such as iron in place of stone) perform their tasks more quickly and can be used more heavily before breaking. The game has an inventory system and the player is limited to the number of items they can carry, specifically, 36 spaces.
The player may also play in a Hardcore mode as a variant of Survival mode, differing primarily by being locked to the hardest gameplay setting and featuring permadeath – upon player character's death, their world is deleted.
Creative
In creative mode, the player does not take environmental or mob damage, is not affected by hunger, and can fly freely around the game world. The player also has access to unlimited resources or items through the inventory menu, and can place or remove them instantly. All creatures in the game, including hostile ones, may still spawn under proper conditions, but they cannot damage the player. The only possible way in Creative for a player to die is to fall down the Void, the bottom of the map.

Last edited:

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
whats minecraft? i have seen some videos, whats the point of the game?
are we given some buildings to make at the start or what?
is it worth the 25$?

doomgiver

Warframe
very much worth it.
you "mine" stuff, like hit it with your axe, and get resource blocks.

you can "craft" resource blocks into other resources.

and you make structures out of those blocks.

ppl have made entire cities in that game

Krow

Crowman
Sygeek: How did you get it for free? And what do you mean by it doesn't support your hardware.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Pre-purchased it much earlier so saved some bucks on it. But yet to figure out how to play this game. What am I supposed to do among these blocks? I can hit something and stuff but what's next? :confused:

sygeek

Technomancer
Sygeek: How did you get it for free? And what do you mean by it doesn't support your hardware.
I asked notch during it's alpha days. He was nice enough to give me one of the copies, though I don't think it's possible now.

I don't have a GPU in my laptop, resulting in terrible unplayable fps. I think it was wrong to put that it doesn't support my hardware.

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
very much worth it.
you "mine" stuff, like hit it with your axe, and get resource blocks.

you can "craft" resource blocks into other resources.

and you make structures out of those blocks.

ppl have made entire cities in that game

what next?
can i make guns?

looks like game version of ms paint.
i'll definetely try out soon.

doomgiver

Warframe
i dont think so, but im just giving you a basic idea. i havent played it, and all my knowledge comes from what i've read and seen on the internet.

lol, game version of paint :)

its a sand box game, like paint and GTA mixed togeter

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
Sorry for bumping this thread, but I am in love with this game :D

Some of my creations:

Automatic wheat farm:
*dl.dropbox.com/u/31104340/Pics/Minecraft/minefarm.png

*dl.dropbox.com/u/31104340/Pics/Minecraft/minefarm2.png

Just pull the lever and water will release. Water takes all the wheat and seeds to my basement.

Redstone Monitor:
*dl.dropbox.com/u/31104340/Pics/Minecraft/minemonitor.png

Currently its only programmed to display "1" and "2" but one can display anything by switching the wires. :p

sygeek

Technomancer
Totally forgot about this thread, was searching for something similar.

I'll post my builds once I'm on my laptop. Let's get this thread active :)

@Nipun, let's play SMP sometime. Also, F11 for fullscreen ;)

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
^ I guess playing multiplayer can be a problem for me due to version problems ;)
Also, I know F11 toggles full screen, but I dont get anything in screenshot if I turn fullscreen on. Only black screen, so I posted this in maximized window :D

sygeek

Technomancer
^ I guess playing multiplayer can be a problem for me due to version problems ;)
Also, I know F11 toggles full screen, but I dont get anything in screenshot if I turn fullscreen on. Only black screen, so I posted this in maximized window :D
Not really, just get the latest minecraft.jar and you can join any server with online mode off.

Top Bottom