Microtek UPS question. Is light on when charging ?

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
I got a Microtek - Legend 650 UPS.
When connected to power it has no light on its panel. Question is, is it charging ?
It functions normally otherwise. Running my PC on it for a few days. When light went it provided backup for 10 minutes or so. But once the UPS is turned off it has no light on its panel. The manual isn't clear if this is normal .

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think it's charging and that's why you are getting appropriate backup time. On the light thing I think when the UPS battery is charged enough ( full ) the charging LED automatically stops ( when UPS is turned off to provide power to the pc but still connected to mains and getting power itself ). That's why I sometime forget to turn off the UPS ( from mains ).

OP
cute.bandar

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
I saw a youtube 'review' that is confirming what you said. Lets hope so this is the case.. btw I heard this from multiple people that the UPS should not be turned off from the mains. The manual also says this.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I saw a youtube 'review' that is confirming what you said. Lets hope so this is the case.. btw I heard this from multiple people that the UPS should not be turned off from the mains. The manual also says this.

I don't think this is right. After you shut off the pc, turn off the UPS ( disconnect power from the UPS to the PC ) but leave the mains on ( wall socket to UPS power supply should be on ). Check after 6 hours, place your hand on the upper back side of the UPS and see if you can feel some heat / warmth.

Top Bottom