Microsoft to change Lives .... again

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
i was reading a blog when i came acoss this post that said what made scoble cry at MS research i thought well here we go again another MS bashing post but as it turned out it was quite the opposite; this just might be what MS needed - a positive post, some good reviews, and mind u this little thing that was mentioned in this blog has been compared to some of the most radical developments in the computing world things that changed the way we live our lifes....
Robert Scoble said:
It’s not often that I see software that really changes my world. It’s even rarer that I see software that I know will change the world my sons live in. I can count those times pretty easily. The first time I saw an Apple II in 1977. When Richard Cameron showed me Apple’s Hypercard. Microsoft’s Excel. Aldus’ Pagemaker. And something called Photoshop, all in his West Valley Community College classroom. Later when I saw Marc Andreessen’s Netscape running the WWW. ICQ and Netmeeting which laid the ground for Skype.

Like I said, these things don’t happen often.

Yesterday was one of those days. Curtis Wong and Jonathan Fay, researchers at Microsoft, fired up their machines and showed me something that I can’t tell you about until February 27th. I’m sure you’ll read about his work in the New York Times or TechCrunch, among other places. It’s too inspiring to stay a secret for long.

While watching the demo I realized the way I look at the world was about to change. While listening to Wong I noticed a tear running down my face. It’s been a long while since Microsoft did something that had an emotional impact on me like that.
he further wen to say:
Robert Scoble said:
Imagine if Microsoft did 10 things a year like what Curtis and Jonathan showed me yesterday? If the innovation engine at Microsoft were working that well there wouldn’t be any pressure to buy Yahoo. Heck, and if there were a constant stream of stuff like what I saw yesterday Yahoo wouldn’t be resisting going to Microsoft. They’d +want+ to go to Microsoft. Yesterday is the first time since leaving that I wish I were back working at Microsoft.
Describing what he saw he had this to say:
Robert Scoble said:
The thing these two guys did won’t have a business impact the way, say, Microsoft Office did. There isn’t a business model here. But does every damn thing need a business model? Does a scientific paper that changes the world need a business model? Does it need more audience than just the other 50 scientists in the world who care about that topic? No.
and this little something that quite a lot of us might not be knowing:
Robert Scoble said:
When I walked into his lab he was working on another cool surface computing technology for Microsoft’s upcoming Tech Fest (which happens March 4).
he also wants u to know this
Robert Scoble said:
“Microsoft is doing something cool” then people’s imaginations run too wild to things like operating systems, productivity apps, data centers or databases, video game consoles, or other things that you’ve seen Microsoft do in the past. Some over on TechCrunch are even talking about Photosynth or the Touch table-top device. The thing I’m talking about is NOT anything you’ve seen Microsoft do before.
oh and for all those who were wondering who the f**k is Robert Scoble - Robert on Wikipedia

PS: this guy literally cried during the demo - The blog post

Last edited:

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Scoble is best known for his popular blog, Scobleizer, which came to prominence during his tenure as a technical evangelist at Microsoft.

Let's see what comes up on the 27th

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2322/2122605025_8508158850_o.png [size=+5]OR[/size] *farm3.static.flickr.com/2344/2122605277_b86f289e28_o.png

*img217.imageshack.us/img217/9472/pubthefuture2cisopen466cr4.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom