Microsoft office 2006 Pre-Beta realsed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
R

rajas700

Youngling
QwertyManiac said:
Both are same i guess...

Source please :evil:

For more information google it.........

screen short of it:

*img440.imageshack.us/img440/1318/15xl.th.jpg

*img440.imageshack.us/img440/8093/25ra.th.jpg

*img440.imageshack.us/img440/3729/31gw.th.jpg

*img440.imageshack.us/img440/4189/49ft.th.jpg

*img440.imageshack.us/img440/7394/56lz.th.jpg

kato

Karthiksn
Yuk its the mostly ugly interface for anything i saw such big big tools optins they look like big icons

planetcall

Indian by heart
On the contrary to above posts I welcome the changes. Grouping the tool buttons as per their categories and smart usage of the toolbar area looks a welcome change. Though, at the moment it would be unwise to comment over the acceptability and ease of use but Microsoft is indeed developing something very different to what everyone (but the GUI perfectionists) is used to. Lets hope it is as good as Office 2003 and enhances supports for Indian Languages.*www.2ni2.com/emoticon/special/obrero.gif

sms_solver

In the zone
i think interface change has been introduced to provide most useful tools and buttons on the screen dynamically on basis of what the user is doing.

Office 12 is not for the users with 14 or 15" monitor (that what MS might have thought while developing it)

LegendKiller

In the zone
it will be know as "office 12" and unlike vista(which god knows will be shipped in 2006 or not???) it will be there Q3 2006...
I know a very good site which keeps tracks of all the latest new,reviews and updates from microsoft.
Link:WinSupersite

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Aila .. Whats happening .. :O .. Planetcall praising MS .. :eek: ..

Btw .. I too think the demise of Menubars is a good thing .. These dynamic toolbar will be a welcome feature ..

Btw .. Check this out for the interface review ... :p

planetcall

Indian by heart
Why hate MS ?

it_waaznt_me said:
Aila .. Whats happening .. :O .. Planetcall praising MS .. :eek: ..
Comeon buddy........I am not one of those who speak against MS simply because they want to. I dislike many of the MS policies and products. I hate the monipilistic approach it has adopted throughout to sustain its survival. Said that, I would like to say that there are many more things about Microsoft which I do like. The ability of Gates to strike at the very moment is what makes the oppenents envy. Apart..MS Office Suit is something I really like. MS Word is immensely popular but OpenOffice is also catching fast. Though It lags far behind but maybe we will have better alternatives to MS Products in coming years.
I am glad u said that which prompted me to clear my stand. Also I am gald that you keep track of my preferences.
:)

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
batty's Link said:
The toolbars will change and confuse me!

From reading the early announcements with talk of an ‘adaptive’ interface it did sound like the toolbars would be jumping around distracting your eye and confusing your motor skills. But that’s not the case at all.

Microsoft has deliberately not done that, for the ribbons are quite steady and unchanging as you work. New tabs appear as required (for tables, charts etc), but the chunks don’t change as you work.

Overall there’s less ‘intellisense’ – Microsoft now realizes that trying to anticipate your needs works in some cases but when it wrongly guesses (like the famous ‘you appear to be writing a letter’ message) it can be incredibly frustrating. That’s a good call – but the same logic still persists because the company is so rigidly locking in the new ribbon and chunks, ignoring the fact that this lack of flexibility could be equally annoying.
:) :eek: ! Will take some mod on our part :( Are we headin to a comp interface revolution ?

kato

Karthiksn
Only think that comes to my mind when i see the interface is god knows if i will be even able to see my document in word on my small screen

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Lol @ Planetcall .. :p .. I was just kidding .. :D

@Qwerty Cool down .. :p .. Its just a beta .. It will be made much robust in the final version I am sure ..

And btw I am not sure what source Piyush is asking for ..

OP
R

rajas700

Youngling
piyush619 said:
I m talking about source from where i can downoad this beta version of Office 2k6 & use on my PC

Dude it is available only for TESTERS if u wish Register with msdn and get a copy.(R.S.150000 for registration fee i think).so have fun by registering as a tester and dont ask for LINK's.

godsownman

Padawan
rajas700 not 1,50,000 but 15000. ( Watch the Zero's , they make a difference :)) )

Are you a MSDN subscriber?

Yes the interface is sort of crammed. (I have it installed on my system ) and its a little difficult ot adjust too because of the drastic changes in the interface and no toolbars. It takes time to find out where exactly something will be.

But its dynamic and will save a lot of time in future once we get a grip of all the features .

Anyway, I am still to get down to analysing it well.

One thing I cannot understand is that why they have changed the default format ( .xls ) to ( .xlsx) .Will this be backward comaptible on other systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom