Microsoft Data Access & Comnponents (MDAC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
Do any 1 of u know abt MDAC. What is it ? Whta's its use? I've SiSoft Sandra 2 install but it wants MDAC. So, i wanna know abt it. also, if downloading, which version should i odwnload. the oldest one, n then one y one the newer ver. or the newest one n no other older ver. Plz Help

TheIlluminati

Right off the assembly line
Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) contains core Data Access components such as the Microsoft SQL Serverâ„¢ OLE DB provider and ODBC driver. MDAC 2.8 is the latest version.

MDAC 2.8 comes with Windows XP SP2 . If you have SP1 or no SP's then download MDAC 2.8 from *www.microsoft.com/downloads/detail...e3-c795-4b7d-b037-185d0506396c&DisplayLang=en

OP
The Incredible

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
TheIlluminati said:
Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) contains core Data Access components such as the Microsoft SQL Serverâ„¢ OLE DB provider and ODBC driver. MDAC 2.8 is the latest version.

MDAC 2.8 comes with Windows XP SP2 . If you have SP1 or no SP's then download MDAC 2.8 from *www.microsoft.com/downloads/detail...e3-c795-4b7d-b037-185d0506396c&DisplayLang=en
OK but what's its use. :roll:
Thanx a lot :lol:

g_goyal2000

Youngling
If u'r running Windows 98 or later, install MDAC 2.8 SP1.
U can find it here,

*www.microsoft.com/downloads/detail...a9e0-3a1afbd5922e&displaylang=en&Hash=3N7D9ND

If u'r running Windows XP with SP1 or SP2 , then u don't need MDAC. The 2.8 version of MDAC is installed by default.
If u don't have any service packs installed on Windows XP, then use the following link,

*www.microsoft.com/downloads/detail...e3-c795-4b7d-b037-185d0506396c&DisplayLang=en

In my opinion, install Service Pack 2 in Windows XP.
It will solve most of u'r problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom