Microsoft Antivirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gxsaurav

After releasing the Anti-Spyware, MS is all set to release it's new ANti virus software

*msnbc.msn.com/id/6794154/

This will be available on sale just like Office etc, it is still to be seen how it compares to Symantec, & Mcafee

Sourabh

Laptoping
man o man o man

HELL YEAH to

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8586

I m a MS freak and use only MS products

well i guess since thepast couple of eyars i wasnt using any antivirus, mebbe something up for grabs soon!!

saROMan

QA Juggler
LOLz 1st Anti Spam..Now Antivirus .....looks like 1st Create the desease..and then provide tools to remove it ........Lolz what next a Linux Distro... :wink: :lol: :lol:

#/bin/sh

Journeyman
Microsoft offers free security program
*www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/01/06/microsoft.antivrus.ap/index.html

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
LOL...it will probably bring in more viruses....but this was 2 b expected.....i wonder how it'll do against established names....

allindrome

Journeyman
Yeah they will forget about some viruses in their first virus signatures , then issue an update to fix the update and another update to fix the previous update ,as if the experience is going to be any better than the Windows security updates.

ShekharPalash

Web Entrepreneur
Well... I don't define this thing as an AntiVirus...

Actually it's a patching/removal tool... it'll be part of Microsoft's Monthly Windows Update Cycles; dated 11 Jan 2005 for next cycle; This AV/Vulnerability Removal Tool will be available by 11 Jan 2005 via Windows Update.

I'm quite impressed by Windows AntiSpyware... UI is cool, also scanning is... I always hated UI of AdAware/SpyBot...

geek_rohit

In the zone
Now if this trend continues then that day is not far away when all the softwares, whether AntiVirus, 3DAnimation, Graphics Suite, etc. would be from Microsoft Corporation. Or else Mr. Gates would be considering to takeover Adobe, Macromedia, etc. Man Bill Gates sure is an intelligent businessman. No wonder he is the richest man in the world :!:

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Microsoft is launching their own AVS.... that’s good news only when it comes free with there product, or product update.....

I am looking forward to it…. Though I didn’t find any thing fancy about their antispyware (it was installed after spyboot done its job)…. But still as an OS builder they will no much better than others that where the security holes are & what will be best to protect it….

naveenchandran

In the zone
Microsoft is creating lot of employment oppurtunities to many ( Many Antiviruses, Spyware Removers,..............)

and they also compete with them :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll:

OP
G

gxsaurav

Although there were rumers for a Microsoft Antivirus, & officially it is still not denied, MS has launched there first Malicious Software removel tool, which is much like Mcafee Stinger, which removes only a few viruses, & is not a whole AV software

Go here to download

Also one thing which should be noted that MS launches Security updates regularly on every 2nd tuesday of every month, so keep an eye on windows update on eahc 2nd tuesday, unless it is required to launch critical update, which can be released anytime anyday,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom