MicroMax Yu Yureka discussion thread

comrade

foreign return(0)
Re: Xiaomi Killer -- Micromax Yu discussion thread !!

Lightning Deal
92% Claimed
Quantity: 1
This deal is sold out

kaz

right here

Missed to add it to cart..Got into the waiting list after few minutes but it went out of stock..
People who bought @12.5k will get their refund, contact Amazon support

Next sale on 22nd for which registration will begin on 15th..

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

^ I tried contacting them, couldn't even buy it at 12.5k and then would've asked for refund. :(

Amazon shouldn't give warranty to phones not bought directly from amazon or bought at more than the sale price of Rs 8999.
That'll teach the leeches a lesson.

A

amit.tiger12

there was only ‘2657’ units

Micromax may have sold less than 3000 Yu Yureka phones, not 10000: Report - Mobiletor.com

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

^ they had imported 7400 units as per zauba till 9th Jan. but 3000 units is way too less. And no it didn't went OOS within 3 seconds. Wait list full option was there till around 2:40 PM. After that it was showing OOS.

_prabhat

Journeyman

...redmi Note 2 ( has same specs as MMx YUreka with bigger battery ) but launch can take anywhere from 1-4 months

For your information. Xiaomi announces Mi Note and Mi Note Pro.
BBC News - China's Xiaomi unveils two thinner, lighter phablets

looks like you are pretty new to mobile scene..

companies don't announce phones until they already have started manufacturing quite a few units and are approaching market launch..

there is a difference between a rumour and leaked specs/benchmarks... and then if you are updated with all the latest developments in mobile world, you can easily spot which 1 is fake and which might be real..

the telecomtalk rumour you have given cries out loud its fake and made up by some fanboy.. first its not even a decent leak , its coming from a forum member

1) 3gb ram lol .. even mi4 in india is expected to come with 2gb version to keep prices low
2) 20mp camera when mi4 itself has 13 mp
3) mediatek 6795 isn't even ready yet .. only 6752 is available right now ..
4) and then lol at different internal memory versions .. this is a mid ranger not a high end phone ( in xiaomi lineup) that will come with these many internal memory options..

and the line that you have quoted

is about the price and not the specs..

they won't use sd 410 in redmi note 2 because redmi 1s 2 is using it.. the only reason they rolled out sd 400 version of redmi note was because it was the only chip that had 4g lte, so they had to settle with SD 400 for 4g .. whereas all the 10 series and mediatek 67 series are 4g capable now

Snapdragon 615 + 2gb ram is a standard configuration in china now for around similar price , see the phones launched- Coolpad F2 ,Archos 50 Diamond,
expect a lot of chinese manufacturers to come up with these config..

regarding other specs .. they are same as redmi note 1.. only diff is chipset

95% of the time these leaks turns out right .. they might launch the mediatek version later either 6752 or 6795 ( may be )

but sd 615 version is almost a certainty .. anyways it will either get announced at ces or mwc..

the price will also be around 10k as well..

and redmi 2s is 100 % confirmed with these specs. it has even made rounds in antutu and tenna

4.7 720p
sd 410
1gb ram
2mp/8mp

- - - Updated - - -

its highly unlikely under 14k price tag , they didn't even use SD 410 when they should have , let alone SD 6xx.. the moto G ( 2013) was made under google , now its under lenovo.. and then they just rolled out moto g 2014 3 months ago so the next major version is still 6-7 months away at least.. this is time for upgraded Moto E ..

Your logic did not work. Check specifications of MI Note and MI Note Pro.

Last edited:

_prabhat

Journeyman

I think you are finding escape route.
Ok, tell me how long you want to wait? lol
Anyway just using common sense. Redmi 1S successor is named as Redmi 2. So I guess no more phone with Redmi series is coming otherwise they would have named it Redmi 2S etc. Another common sense is when Xiaomi just launched 2 Phablets Note, I don't think they will launch 3rd Phablet Note immediately. Keep in mind that you are just making speculations without anything to support your claims. It was a guess in media that Xiaomi may launch something like that. But Xiaomi surprised everyone with high end phablet, not just one but two.

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

Its Yureka discussion thread, not Xiaomi discussion thread. People will get confused if you continue it here. :|

correct thread -> *www.digit.in/forum/mobiles-tablets/185409-official-xiaomi-discussion-thread.html

OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent

Its Yureka discussion thread, not Xiaomi discussion thread. People will get confused if you continue it here. :|

correct thread -> *www.digit.in/forum/mobiles-tablets/185409-official-xiaomi-discussion-thread.html

+1
ohh lol i didn't even noticed that , .. let me move my replies to that thread ,also if any Mod is reading this better rename the thread title to

Micromax YU Yureka discussion thread

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
wow thats bad...not entirely sure how many MMX users know how to root a device. Even so, your warranty will be compromised.

A

amit.tiger12

I want share some of my thoughts...

If anyone (mobile brand) really want to provide budget phone, why to give subscriptions like "One plus one", flash sales like "Xiaomi" or "micromax"... all this is bullshit.. Just make it available for everyone via local store, online or order..

Other thing, if micromax is giving eureka for 9K apprx, then why are other micromax models are being sold @ same price and even not comparable hardware???

I always find something fishy about these brands... Even big brands also... If same hardware is priced at low cost why they keep so high price, because of their brand value???

- - - Updated - - -

wow thats bad...not entirely sure how many MMX users know how to root a device. Even so, your warranty will be compromised.

no warranty void... even if mobile is from other brand... you can unroot it and get your warranty back also...
But some brands don't mind if you root like google...

kaz

right here
I want share some of my thoughts...
If anyone (mobile brand) really want to provide budget phone, why to give subscriptions like "One plus one", flash sales like "Xiaomi" or "micromax"... all this is bullshit.. Just make it available for everyone via local store, online or order..
Flash sale is a good move for companies trying to cut down inventory cost..Marketing and distributing channels do require more capital so forget about availability at local stores..

Other thing, if micromax is giving eureka for 9K apprx, then why are other micromax models are being sold @ same price and even not comparable hardware???
Yu(not MMX) is selling the phone at 9k with a loss of at least 2k per unit.. Souce- iGyan..They are doing this to establish their new brand which most companies do in the beginning..

It's not like MMX has crap hardware always, at the same price you can find MMX Nitro which perform better than Moto G..But why are we talking about MMX? MMX and YU are two different stories same as Lava and Xolo..

I always find something fishy about these brands... Even big brands also... If same hardware is priced at low cost why they keep so high price, because of their brand value???
Marketing, promotions, build quality, after sales support, softwares (bloatware)..

A

amit.tiger12

Flash sale is a good move for companies trying to cut down inventory cost..Marketing and distributing channels do require more capital so forget about availability at local stores..

So it's all business.. buddy we are common people.. we are not business minded like modi (I'm not against him)(btw I voted him because only leader who was enough qualities for leadership, comparing others who was there in race for PM,)...
if every one is business minded then there will be lack of engineers doctors.. then this will ruin all balance... I think they should think about customers, consumers, common people (my opinion.)

Yu(not MMX) is selling the phone at 9k with a loss of at least 2k per unit.. Souce- iGyan..They are doing this to establish their new brand which most companies do in the beginning..

Okay after their establishment, "YU" new brand, sub-brand of micromax, should make yureka available in local stores.. like "xiaomi" in airtel store.

It's not like MMX has crap hardware always, at the same price you can find MMX Nitro which perform better than Moto G..But why are we talking about MMX? MMX and YU are two different stories same as Lava and Xolo..

I never said hardware is crap... It happens with every device/brand..
If nokia build 1000 phones, they check 1st batch of it, and then phone is perfect with no issue conducting each test, excluding bad product. You will get non crap hardware.. But it not happen always, because of loads on requirement and lack of supply they can't test each and every phone, sometime not every phone get's tested.
but on other side indian brand, there or more crappy pieces..

Marketing, promotions, build quality, after sales support, softwares (bloatware)..
Okay. I use nexus 5. considering this one.
Nexus 5- no marketing, promotion??
build quality yes, after sales support yes, software google..
so you mean to say google is selling at that cost because of no marketing, no promotion?? hey it's not personal.. if you feel annoying, then please leave it. my request. :)

comrade

foreign return(0)
I dont think we could get one in our hands even on 22nd sale when disguised peoples like these sells them on net for 60-100% profit.
Micromax Yureka YU Cyanogen MOD OS 2GB RAM Flagship Killer | eBay

abracadabra

Journeyman
More or less YU is an escape route for MMX, okay both are different companies officially, but arent they from the same stables?
YU could have been introduced as a online format sale only model, to counter offensive to ever thriving new model of "flash sale" all thanks to Xiaomi for its introduction into Indian, which even One Plus One follows sort of now Lenovo too joined the bandwagon.

MMX is more established in the market, is easily available at retail stores, but has a real bad name for itself! MMX didnt want to disturb their retailers from whom they receive most of their profits from. So will you buy a MMX? I quiet doubt that if your going back to that brand the second time around, so YU came into existence. How many people even know Yu or Yureka is from MMX, other than tech community who follows new events closely, hardly anyone. Even their ABOUT US page on YUPLAYGOD.com doesnt even mention the name MMX.

Most people are accustomed to reputed brands, no matter what , its their own money however they wish to spend it, be it on a MI or on a Apple product. In the end of the day everyone just simply justifies their purchases for the hard/easy earned money they spent!

Top Bottom